Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hotrodgirl's Sisters, MaryAnn, Linda & Ann are hosting

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF CANCER
SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER
IN HONOR OF
STEVE COOK
(Mr. HotRodGirl)

SATURDAY, MARCH 19TH, 2011 in Sterling Heights, Michigan

Steve Cook is the husband of Debbie (Hotrodgirl), father to Steve & Jessica (GonebyMidnight) and grandpa to Stephen and Emma. He has just learned that he has small-cell lung cancer and is terminal. He has been informed by doctors that he will have to be on chemotherapy for the rest of his life because they cannot eliminate the cancer due to how quickly it spreads. This means that he now will be unable to work and will have numerous mounting medical bills. This fundraiser will help to cover some of these expenses.

Here is how WE fanatics can help...

Doug Allen has graciously volunteered to collect donations
and forward them to the Cook family.
Please see Post No. 2 below for donation instructions.

There will be a raffle and silent auction at the fundraiser if you wish to donate items or if you are in the area and wish to attended the spaghetti dinner and participate in the fundraiser in person... Please contact
Jessica Cook (GonebyMidnight) at [email protected]

Hotrodgirl has given so much of herself to our
SSRFanatic community...
Its time to give back a little...
OR a lot!!
Whatever you can do is truly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Those that wish to donate financially to Steve and Debbie, please contact me by PM.

Checks, made out to Jessica Cook, can be mailed to me at

Doug Allen
15039 N 8th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85023

You may also donate via Paypal (PM for address) - if you use Paypal, please list the donation as a gift, that way Paypal does not deduct a fee.

With all donations, please provide your complete real name and Fanatic screen name. I will deposit all collected funds directly into Jessica's bank account.

Thank you all so much, with your help we can make this trying time in Steve and HRG's lives a little less stressful.

·
Vegas Mob
6,400 Posts
Doug,

Susan and I will send you a check at the address provided. Who do we send items too for the raffle and silent auction? Just let us know, because we want to help Debbie and Steve. Debbie has really been an outstanding Fanatic and is a wonderful person.

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
We'll Ship Items For You !!!

Also, if you wish to donate items for the fundraiser raffle and / or silent auction and don't want to have to ship -

From West Coast to East Coast -

LTs SSR (Linda), Wildcat66 (Machell), Waysouth6speed (Annie) and I will ship the items for you if you can bring them to us locally. Gina has also offered, but I think she'll still be on winter vacation between now and then - Gina, if this is inaccurate, please let me know.

Feel free to drop off items with us prior to March 4, 2011 and we'll get the items shipped in time for the fundraiser on March 19.

For those attending the March 12 AZ Tech Session, you can bring items with you and I'll ship 3 day delivery on Monday March 14.

Thank you, thank you very much!

·
Clutch Killer
6,802 Posts

I saw this on Face Book a few weeks ago and already contacted Jessie to help with the raffle. I would be pleased and honored to help anyone else by sending stuff to Michigan... Doug I have an address Jess gave me and I'll pm ya. Good work everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
What kind of items are you looking to raffle?
We're waiting on a response for this question, but I'd say anything nice, not necessarily related to SSR's, as it is a local fundraiser in Michigan.

Art, crafts, collectibles, gift certificates, etc. usually do well in fundraising raffles and auctions.

·
Registered
560 Posts
We're waiting on a response for this question, but I'd say anything nice, not necessarily related to SSR's, as it is a local fundraiser in Michigan.

Art, crafts, collectibles, gift certificates, etc. usually do well in fundraising raffles and auctions.
Thanks Doug -

I have lived in SoCal all of my life and Disneyland Tixs were always the draw. However, there aren't too many Mouse Houses in Michigan. Is there someone that might be putting together packages or baskets with monetary donations that could use an additional boast?

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,851 Posts
Also, if you wish to donate items for the fundraiser raffle and / or silent auction and don't want to have to ship -

From West Coast to East Coast -

LTs SSR (Linda), Wildcat66 (Machell), Waysouth6speed (Annie) and I will ship the items for you if you can bring them to us locally. Gina has also offered, but I think she'll still be on winter vacation between now and then - Gina, if this is inaccurate, please let me know.

Feel free to drop off items with us prior to March 4, 2011 and we'll get the items shipped in time for the fundraiser on March 19.

For those attending the March 12 AZ Tech Session, you can bring items with you and I'll ship 3 day delivery on Monday March 14.

Thank you, thank you very much!
Doug we want be home until around the 1st of March or a little after so I want be able to provide shipping.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Thanks Doug -

I have lived in SoCal all of my life and Disneyland Tixs were always the draw. However, there aren't too many Mouse Houses in Michigan. Is there someone that might be putting together packages or baskets with monetary donations that could use an additional boast?
Yes, my Aunt Mar is in charge of putting all together baskets, of all the raffle prizes we get. At this time monetary basket are not being put together for the fact that were doing a 50/50 but, we might.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts