Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
glad to have helped. it really came out great. did you eliminate the chevy bar or make a filler panel? would like to do that to mine.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Filled front, bottom and inside with “U" CAP. A friend of mine is very good with an English wheel, and rolled all the metal for me. I'll try and get him to pose with the finished hood for a picture. He was the second big help in getting this hood finished in this shape. He had worked for R&M Restoration ... he would make new fenders for the big expensive old cars like bogotys (sp), Packard’s, Duisenberg’s the big fat fender stuff. He tryed to get in the craft center before they layed off all the coach builders and pannel beaters.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I will ask Dennis next week. I know he is behind the 8 ball on a model "A" restoraition (show dead line), but he is a good guy to help out when he can.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It is possible … but … it will be oversized and need to be trimmed and finest to your hood. So as not to damage my spare hood, he would make cardboard pattern off mine, and then built to the cardboard which will not produce a perfect out of the box match to your hood. (Ballpark) …but… if you wanted to go this way, it will be at a later time as he is booked and trying to set up a training school. He mentioned that after the school is up and running this is the type projects he wants students to tackle. If your in need for it now, it might be easier for you to go to your local panel beater. He suggested it would cost $200 Canadian (about $150 U.S.) for this piece. :flag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts