Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess it had to happen sooner or later. My Blur which I had custom painted about 8 or 9 months ago has a chip in the paint on one of the fender protectors. Can anyone tell me if putting mud flaps on the front fenders will help protect the rear ones? Thanks

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Mudflaps

Well I guess it had to happen sooner or later. My Blur which I had custom painted about 8 or 9 months ago has a chip in the paint on one of the fender protectors. Can anyone tell me if putting mud flaps on the front fenders will help protect the rear ones? Thanks
Sorry to hear that Cleve:banghead the answer is yes, but they are ugly. 3M has a clear protective tape that if professionally installed looks OK and does the job. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Ilsa has front flaps on all the time, and her rear flaps go on when her winter wheels do. She is lowered, and I don't think they look bad at all. One fender protector is starting to look bad, though. If I ever get the fender protectors repainted, the clear plastic protectors will definitely go on.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I think the running boards offer more protection than the mud flaps. I you don't have them, I suggest you seriously consider a set.

My problem is the hood. I've got 2 rock chips in mine already. I'd considered the clear bra, but these are so high up it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Clear protector is the way to go. I have it on all my vehicles. You can have the hood protector go as high as you want.

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Mudflaps

There are a lot of SSR owners out there that do not think my stainless steel mudflaps are ugly but they are not cheap. Mine do not require any hole drilling because they use the existing fender liner screws to attach perfectly. They are large to protect everything from running boards to the rear fenders.

If there is anything else that you may be interested in among the over 90 neat SSR items that I provide, just email me using my address on top of the banner below for 56 full screen pictures and prices. This includes about 60 items never seen on EBay.

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
9,297 Posts
I have plain black mud flaps on the front of the :purple: and if installed correctly they are virtually invisible. That being said, I also don't have my running boards on (have chrome pipes instead) and still get the occasional chip as my Wide-Ovals throw more gravel than the OEM tires did.

IMHO - mud flaps + running boards = no/fewer chips :)

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
THese are what mine look like

These are the stainless steel from vetteman62. I put them on a couple of years ago along with some of his other goodies.... couldn't be happier. Had the protectors re painted two years ago as they were all chipped up from the previous owner (removed the running boards) I did get some new boards though (lucky for me) and I have had NO marks since. JMO.... good luck!

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Flaps

These are the stainless steel from vetteman62. I put them on a couple of years ago along with some of his other goodies.... couldn't be happier. Had the protectors re painted two years ago as they were all chipped up from the previous owner (removed the running boards) I did get some new boards though (lucky for me) and I have had NO marks since. JMO.... good luck!

Mine came with mud flaps, front are fine, but the back hide the wide tires and have 'GM' on them (that does not look good). Solution cut two inches off the bottom rear flaps because keeping them gives the truck a nice back end finished look [I prefer the squared off look, rather than a round look], two inches off still covers the paint job. Spray paint plain black Win-win.

Those stainless flaps look like where I plan on cutting mine back to, thanks for the picture. :)

Cheers
Mick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mudflaps
ssr mudflape
There are a lot of SSR owners out there that do not think my stainless steel mudflaps are ugly but they are not cheap. Mine do not require any hole drilling because they use the existing fender liner screws to attach perfectly. They are large to protect everything from running boards to the rear fenders.

If there is anything else that you may be interested in among the over 90 neat SSR items that I provide, just email me using my address on top of the banner below for 56 full screen pictures and prices. This includes about 60 items never seen on EBay.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,878 Posts
Front and rear flaps... running boards View attachment 569319

That is the same set up I have. Black rubber front mud flaps, then running boards, with black rubber mud flaps in back. Can't even see them when they are black against the black tires and you get full protection.

·
Perfectionist
460 Posts
Yes, they help alot. I have had mine on for a few months now. Mine are clear lexan, you cant even see them. You can search my old post about them if you want. Get the lexan at lowes or the farm store. I have the patteren. D

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,878 Posts
What part number or brand/size are your flaps. Will look great on my black R.
Got mine at O' Reilly's. Bought four pretty standard ones. Fit perfect on rear and just cut down a little to fit on front. Very inexpensive and look great. Not very good pictures but you get the idea.

Click here:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts