Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Looks like you used the existing screwholes..is that correct??? I looked at the same mudflaps yesterday and was wondering if just two screws would hold them on. Looks like a simple install and they look great. :ssr :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Existing Screws for flaps

Just two of the exisitng screws. I'll firm up the third now that it's there to stay.

·
Registered
339 Posts
has anyone tried the 3m clear plastic ??? back when I was a young lad my dad used clear plexiglass and made his own mud flaps, see through, you don't notice them from the rear or the front:seeya

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used the 3m film on the rear fenders.

They were getting beat up pretty badly. The pre-cut film fits perfectly.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There was a thread on this earlier. I made a set of vinyl ones using TAP plastics - cost less than $2.00. Now that I have a pattern for the shape I want, I'll have TAP laser cut several sets so they have smooth edges.

StrokerMcGurk

:thumbs

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,610 Posts
I just addressed this feature of my SSR for the second time this past weekend. I had some "form fitting" Contura mud flaps installed. I just didn't like the look of them from the side view of the SSR, plus there were only 9 inches wide.

I found some new mud flaps (Powerflow Premier Fit Splash Guards - Size C) this past weekend. They are simple flat black mud guards but with a slight narrowing from top to bottom. They're also 10 inches wide. I installed these mud guards on the SSR to make sure the full outside edge of the front tires are blocked and thus cannot throw rocks on the rear fenders (as much as you can prevent with a mud guard). The previous mud guards were not wide enough to allow for that type of placement on the fender.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
shiftz33 said:
I just addressed this feature of my SSR for the second time this past weekend. I had some "form fitting" Contura mud flaps installed. I just didn't like the look of them from the side view of the SSR, plus there were only 9 inches wide.

I found some new mud flags (Powerflow Premier Fit Splash Guards - Size C) this past weekend. They are simple flat black mud guards but with a slight narrowing from top to bottom. They're also 10 inches wide. I installed these mud guards on the SSR to make sure the full outside edge of the front tires are blocked and thus cannot throw rocks on the rear fenders (as much as you can prevent with a mud guard). The previous mud guards were not wide enough to allow for that type of placement on the fender.
Please post where you got your new mud flaps. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Highland makes a 18x12 inch flap.

Also plain flat rubber. Same look. I got mine at PepBoys, for $9.99 a pair.

GM also makes an 11 inch wide molded flap available with or without the bowtie logo. The molded shape fits the front fender nicely. About $15.00 a pair.

I just got tired of washing the red mud off my Big Blue.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Flaps and guards

I have black ones on the front......and have some SSR decales to go on them when I have time.........And BTW.....years ago they had Clear mud guards for the vette....they were small....I still got a set some where .....I think in Fl........I got them when:seeya I was an Ecklers Dealer for vette parts......

·
Registered
131 Posts
Flaps

woohoo said:
Looks like you used the existing screwholes..is that correct??? I looked at the same mudflaps yesterday and was wondering if just two screws would hold them on. Looks like a simple install and they look great. :ssr :thumbs

I installed my flaps using the 2 screws on both the front and the back. They look
good and sturdy.I used car plain flaps on the front and truck plain flaps.By the
way,do we have spell check for the post?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
MauiMike said:
Did you have to take the wheels off to mount them? Kinda cheap looking, I can see the f/g strands on the insides. Anyone else's like this from Plasticolor? Hate to ship them back at these prices! http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3431A&mfrcode=PLC&mfrpartnumber=577
I don't remember removing the tire, turning the wheel should be enough for clearance.

My flaps have the strands showing on the tire side. I don't notice that so much, as how the perimeter rib on the back side makes it more difficult to clean.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Thanks Beer! The strands were bugging me, but if that's the way they are, then I won't bother returning them. I went with the MTN looking logo, kinda matches my company logo. There's enough Chevy Bowties on the truck already.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Mine are plain flat except for that ridge around the edge. I've been on the lookout for another pair that are just flat on both sides, and a bit thicker than the current.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts