Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
:ssr Don't care for the mud flaps, but I sure do like your red running boards. Wish I had red on mine, not the brushed aluminum like I do have. :ssr :flag

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
Mud Flaps!

We don't need no stinkin' MUD FLAPS!

I have been roddin' for 46 years and I would pay to have my ride painted a hundred times before I'd use diapers.......silly me.......I mean mud flaps. :skep

Skip

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I think they look alright. I know someone had chrome ones for thier ssr.

Jim

·
Registered
349 Posts
I like 'em. :yesnod I think the main reason is that they're subtle - you don't hardly notice them, but by the way they are installed, they're obviously quite functional. They would look good with or without the red bowtie.

What would look stupid to me is if they were chrome or polished stainless. :nodno Why on earth would somebody want to make them stick out like bling? Just my .02 worth. . . .

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
pherrley said:
Well here they are.. Should I keep them or loose them, cant make up my mind.
I like em'.. In fact I like em' so much I'm getting some. Were they hard to install??Instructions please!!! Thanks :seeya

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mud Flaps

Good morning on the subject of mud flaps, I live in western Canada and we have a season called winter which has a lot of snow and road grime at this time of year. My 04 is my shop truck and I drive it every day. Last year the front tires would throw snow all the way up to the top of the rear fenders. I went to a hobby/craft store and bought some 1/4 inch clear plastic. I then made a pattern out of card board traced it on to the plastic and cut out two guards. Using the three existing screws that hold on the lower inner fender liner to the fender I mounted the guards to the truck and the improvement was instant. The clear plastic will of course get blasted and become cloudy but come spring they will be gone and a new set made for next year. So far the total cost was less than $10.00 and the guards are hardly noticable on the truck. :ssr

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Did you put them on the back too??? I think they would look better on the back. and since you have the running boards you hardly need them on the front. They look good that Red Bow sets them off :thumbs

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Did you put them on the back too??? I think they would look better on the back. and since you have the running boards you hardly need them on the front. They look good that Red Bow sets them off :thumbs
I believe that second picture is one of the rear flaps. By the way, I like the flaps.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I experienced heavy mud and grime all the way up to the top of the rear fender on my 04 as well. I love the curved lines in the fenders so I prefer no running boards. I am also thinking of installing a plate to hide the frame which is seen from the side view. My mud solution was to install a universal mud flap offerd by autobarn on-line which was about $28.00 to purchase for all four. I selected size "B" based on an earlier recommendation on this forum. The mud flaps are flat black and very subtle in appearance however they cut down the "mud slinging" by an estimated 90%. Wish I knew how to send a pic but my attempts always reject my pictures as too many pixels which is beyond this gearheads capability. :seeya

·
Registered
480 Posts
SA13355 said:
We don't need no stinkin' MUD FLAPS!

I have been roddin' for 46 years and I would pay to have my ride painted a hundred times before I'd use diapers.......silly me.......I mean mud flaps. :skep

Skip
Hey SA,

I guess you like dirty doors and chipped rear fenders. You won't have that with diapers. :nodno

·
Registered
416 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I have running boards (the body-color kind, although that probably matters least vs. brushed aluminum on silver SSRs than any other color) and no mud flaps, and I can attest to the fact that the running boards don't prevent the front wheels from throwing stuff all over the fronts of the rear fenders.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts