Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
mud flaps

I haven't found any but I am looking. I get a lot of stuff thrown up by the front tires and I don't want to put running boards on. If you find any let me know and if I find any I will let you know.

B

·
0 Posts
No Mud flaps, but I'm putting a see thru bra on the front that will kept all the rocks and bugs off, I've just completed a 10,000 mile trip in my honda hybryid and I have see thru on it and it did a great job and half of the trip was on roads down in mexico. it is called X-pel. you can't see it from 10 feet away and it never comes off unless you pull it off, not cheap, also put it on my 98 pace corvette pace car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just found this site on the internet:

http://www.accessoriesgiant.com/chevrolet-ssr-a1567.html

I don't know if this is what we are looking for or not. Has anybody checked this out?

If I ever find the correct item, I will post on this site. Hope others will do the same.

April 1st will be here soon, and the Red Rocket SSR 3032 will hit the central Ohio highways. The license plate simply reads
"SWEEET".

I enjoy reading all threads on this site. Keep up the good work!

S

·
0 Posts
Their web site SAYS they have mud flaps for the SSR, but I called them, and the guy who answered the phone didn't know anything about them, or the web site! :mad :skep :bs :smash

S

·
0 Posts
Mud Flaps, Mud Flaps, where are the Mud Flaps????? :confused
I contacted them again, and even e-mailed the web page to a guy at the company. That was over two days ago...still no answer.... :yawn

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sam Fowler said:
Mud Flaps, Mud Flaps, where are the Mud Flaps????? :confused
I contacted them again, and even e-mailed the web page to a guy at the company. That was over two days ago...still no answer.... :yawn
When I started searching the web for mud flaps, I couldn't find anything. Then I stumbled across them in the catagory "splash guard". Searching for that will turn up a lot more hits.

That kind of thing is the biggest problem I have when searching the web. I kind of wish Google had a theasarus function for search phrases.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have looked at the local auto stores and they carry nice quality moulded rubber mudflaps that have 20-30 vehicles listed that they fit. I wonder if in warm weather, these can be fitted to the SSR? Here in Cincy, it is too cold to try. They are listed by version # 1, # 2 all the way to # 8. I would rather have one of these nice moulded items than the plain jane flat variety. Maybe this summer I will try a set.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
My Black Plain Mud Flaps

SSRJIM said:
Ok showing my cheapness but a $1.75 a pair at Pebboys:
Mine are in the front only... just my 2 cents worth.... I really haven't noticed a good reason yet for installing mud flaps to protect the rear. I like them because you barely notice they are there! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Marc NY said:
Mine are in the front only... just my 2 cents worth.... I really haven't noticed a good reason yet for installing mud flaps to protect the rear. I like them because you barely notice they are there! ;)
I almost did the same thing but I had them so I put them on. I used the factory screws so they can all come off. No harm was done to the SSR.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If your talking about the custom type that come out over the outside of the fender, your going to be very unhappy the first time you remove them for a show. I had that style on my 2000 Silverado and the dirt grimb, small gravel get between the mud flat and paint and you know who is going to win that durability war. I put some flat ones on mine, hung them using factory hardware, and they will not hurt the outside of fender.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Plain Jane Mud Flaps

Sam Fowler said:
Marc, where did you get them? :confused
I just bought a pair of standard truck mud flaps from your local Auto Zone store. You can find them at any local K Mart or Walmart store too. I had to search a few different places before I found the "plain Jane" version that I liked best.

S

·
0 Posts
I just ordered 2 sets today from autobarn.com I'll let you know how they work. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Same holes

beer100 said:
Me, Not the custom color molded type asked for in the first post.
I did find the same plain black rubber sheet style mentioned in another thread. Which was what I was seeking anyway.
Hi Beer,

I haven't yet seen a pair of molded mud flaps for our SSRs... low volume is the culprit there I am sure.
SSRJim said:
I almost did the same thing but I had them so I put them on. I used the factory screws so they can all come off. No harm was done to the SSR.
Same as Jim, I used the same screws that are located inside the fender. Thus I didn't have to drill any additional holes in the SSR.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts