Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SSR is a 2005 silver with 6.0 Auto. https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/ssr-silver.gif

I live on a dirt/gravel road and there's a lot of those rough roads around here in Wyo.

To protect the body, especially from loose rocks, I installed a set of mud guards I obtained from e-bay for $40.

They were designed for the Trailblazer but will fit the SSR. The contours are very close and I only needed to trim them a little with a razor knife.

Without a doubt, these will help protect my SSR.

Not everyone will like their appearance since they make the SSR look even more "bottom heavy" than it normally does.

Personally, that is something I always liked about the looks of the SSR so it suits me just fine.

Attached are a couple of pictures, front and rear.

Attachments

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Best Yet

These are by far the best I have seen. :thumbs You will never regret adding these. What year Trail Blazer were made for?

"Long may you run" chip free.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,004 Posts
I have mud guards on my SSR as well (no running boards), but I like the look of yours much better. The mud guards do a great job protecting the finish from all the crap thrown at it from the front and rear tires. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,440 Posts
These look very similar to Ilsa's, but it's been so long ago that I installed them, I forgot the manufacturer. I used to put them on the rear during winter, but quit doing that last year. They do help a lot on keeping road rash off of the fender guards, but it does still happen a little.

Since Ilsa is lowered, I had to trim some off of the bottom, but that was no problem.

When I purchased them, a forum member warned about how they chafe on the fender underneath them. So on the rears, I put some clear tape on the areas where the flaps touched. That turned out to be a mess as after a few years, I couldn't get the tape off and it looked nasty. Now I notice that there is paint missing where the fronts touch the fenders. I'm not going to let it bother me now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts