Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-Anyone have any opinions/experience with mudflaps? We bought our SSR approx. a month ago; it's my daily driver. We live in central WI--a rural area. Most roads are asphalt, but our driveway is gravel (about a quarter mile long). We're toying with putting on mudflaps...I certainly don't want a lot of rock chips in our black beauty...
Thanks in advance for advice/assistance!

wipurplechick
If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
wipurplechick,
I installed mudflaps the second day that I owned Miss Daisy and I'm glad I did.. You didn't mention if you had running boards (which helps a LOT!) so go ahead and do it. If you do a search on mudflaps, you will see a few threads on the subject. Good luck!

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts

I cut my own out of rubber gasket matarial. Made then wide and long, screwed them in factory screw holes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mud Guards

wipurplechick said:
Hi-Anyone have any opinions/experience with mudflaps? We bought our SSR approx. a month ago; it's my daily driver. We live in central WI--a rural area. Most roads are asphalt, but our driveway is gravel (about a quarter mile long). We're toying with putting on mudflaps...I certainly don't want a lot of rock chips in our black beauty...
Thanks in advance for advice/assistance!

wipurplechick
Go to this thread.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3764&highlight=man+question

Rich

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mud Flaps/Running Boards

I have running boards on my truck. When I met Fuzzy on the power tour I noticed he has clear mud flaps. Since they are clear they don't stand out. If that is what you are looking for you can pm him and I know he will be glad to let you know about them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You want them, really you do.

Given your gravel drive, I recommend the mud flaps. Oh yeah!. On both the fronts and backs.

BTW: if you search the internet for them, use the term "splash guard". I guess mud flap is just not high falutin enough for the industry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Debbi, Someone posted some photos of some a while back. They were from Auto Barn, Highland style-G, part # 11051, same frt & rear.

I have a flat black set of four that I purchased at an auto parts store anf used factory wheel well screws to mount them.

Watch out for the shapely molded ones that are not flat and go out over the painted fender surface. Grit gets between them and the fender, and when you remove them they have ruined your paint. You have to put them back on or repaint the fenders. I can't tell from the photos whether the ones I noted above are perfectly flat or not.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you look close at the pics of Fuzzy'z SSR you will see that he made a custom set out of plexiglass. Very slick looking. :thumbs

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

Thanks, Everyone!
I just ordered a set from the Auto Barn website!

Debbi
wipurplechick

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
You need two sets, front and rear. (Auto Barn) I painted my to match and installed but the fronts are too low. They rub over speed bumps, etc. I never figured out how to shorten them. Still looking for set of form fitting fronts. Good luck, not much under there to attach them.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two sets are on the way

Yes, I should have specified that I ordered two sets--for front and the rear. I figure I can have the fronts cut down here at work (I work for a automotive gasket manufacturer-these guys are amazing!)...if it works well, I'll let you know!
Thanks!

Debbi
wipurplechick

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Purplechick: I await the results of modifications. I may have to remove my front flaps, they drag on almost everything. They need to have at least 2" less drop. Send a picture when you get them installed. Dave

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll send pics once they're installed

Dave-will do...I'm anxious to get them installed! Of course, they have to arrive, first! UPS says they are scheduled for delivery on the 20th--we'll see!!!

wipurplechick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts