Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
:mad:
Bad timing. You shoulda/coulda started this post a couple of weeks ago. I just returned from a fishing trip to Florida and we stayed just outside of Lake Placid. Many of the buildings have giant murals on the walls. In fact, I was told that the area was known as the town of murals. It seems if you look close enough, there is supposed to be a "hidden message" somewhere in each mural.

No, I never took any pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mad:
Bad timing. You shoulda/coulda started this post a couple of weeks ago. I just returned from a fishing trip to Florida and we stayed just outside of Lake Placid. Many of the buildings have giant murals on the walls. In fact, I was told that the area was known as the town of murals. It seems if you look close enough, there is supposed to be a "hidden message" somewhere in each mural.

No, I never took any pictures.
One like this in Lake Placid
FB_IMG_1582725590844.jpg

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Here is another one that I am very proud of, as my daughter was the one who did the concept drawing for it. Then the group painted it. She was 14 when she did this. She is the second from the right in the blue hoodie. She is part of an advanced art group working for the city of St Louis doing various art projects to bring art to the city. This one is in a parking garage in the Delmar Loop area of St Louis. Because they have laws against graffiti they had to do the mural on wood and then secure it to the wall. I am very proud of her and her artistic talent. She sure didn't get it from me. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. You can't see it because of the kids standing in front, but there are some cars along the bottom. I tried to get her to make one look like an SSR but she wouldn't go for it.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is another one that I am very proud of, as my daughter was the one who did the concept drawing for it. Then the group painted it. She was 14 when she did this. She is the second from the right in the blue hoodie. She is part of an advanced art group working for the city of St Louis doing various art projects to bring art to the city. This one is in a parking garage in the Delmar Loop area of St Louis. Because they have laws against graffiti they had to do the mural on wood and then secure it to the wall. I am very proud of her and her artistic talent. She sure didn't get it from me. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. You can't see it because of the kids standing in front, but there are some cars along the bottom. I tried to get her to make one look like an SSR but she wouldn't go for it. View attachment 574362
That is really cool. Maybe she could do some of her artistic work on your R.😁

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
As part of my sign biz, I've done some "mural" type work and used to do a lot of hand painting. But if you want the inside scoop on huge wall murals, ya gotta know the Walldogs. They are a group of free lance artist that travel around the country and paint murals. A very fun and eccentric group for sure (kinda like SSR Fanatics). Visit their web sit at: Home You'll be amazed at what they do.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
As part of my sign biz, I've done some "mural" type work and used to do a lot of hand painting. But if you want the inside scoop on huge wall murals, ya gotta know the Walldogs. They are a group of free lance artist that travel around the country and paint murals. A very fun and eccentric group for sure (kinda like SSR Fanatics). Visit their web sit at: Home You'll be amazed at what they do.
I just took a look at the website. WOW...Impressive!!!

·
BLU SSR
2,420 Posts
Walldogs are the ones responsible for the murals in Pontiac, Illinois like the one SWT RYD is parked in front of. They have quite a story and do great work.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
1. Branson International Rally. We had a blast. Oct 2019

2. Corsicana, Tx on our way to Port Bolivar, TX for Crab 🦀 and Shrimp 🍤 at True Blue’s June 2019.

Life is Good

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts