Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Like my name states I have 1/2 a SSR. I found the forum looking for a radiator bracket. The simnple eng. bracket is great.

The pictures below are not for the faint of hart. I’m sure I will be beat up.

I purchased a rolling chassis SSR. I’m installing a Jeep CJ8 body on it.... What a awesome frame (chassis) to work with....
You should have moved the gas tank to rear were it should have been. Many places I have seen in Hot Rod type magazine advertise they will make or have gas tanks to fit. I want to move mine to rear. With gas tank moved out of way of exhaust. Have true dual exhaust. NO WYE!
The ABS unit needs to be insulated. I used a wrap for DTI. ABS is cool now. Simple engineering has a kit to move battery to out side of frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Can anyone tell me where this hose goes? Must have been attached to the body?

It’s connected to a steel tube that goes into and connects both cylinder heads....
(Fast yellow arrow in picture)

Lady in Red
Moving the gas tank is a nice idea.

With the stock exhaust, is there any rumble or exhaust noise? I’m wondering if this is going to be way to quiet for me
;-)

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,240 Posts
I got around the exhaust problem without moving the gas tank. Went to my custom exhaust guy, Exhaust Pro's. I made suggestions and he did all the final work. He cut the Y pipe on each side right after the Cats and took all that out. He welded a new oxygen sensor bung on the right side. Then he ran individual pipes back to where the old muffler used to sit. Replaced the muffler with a Magnaflow with two pipes in and two pipes out. The muffler is of a straight through design with the X pipe inside of it. At the rear of the muffler it has two pipes out connecting to the existing tail pipes. Not extremely loud but has more torque and much more powerful on low end and as close to true dual exhaust as you can get and also has the X pipe for power and don't have to move anything like gas tank etc.

·
SSR Believer
778 Posts
Can anyone tell me where this hose goes? Must have been attached to the body?

It’s connected to a steel tube that goes into and connects both cylinder heads....
(Fast yellow arrow in picture)

Lady in Red
Moving the gas tank is a nice idea.

With the stock exhaust, is there any rumble or exhaust noise? I’m wondering if this is going to be way to quiet for me
;-)
The hose goes to the SSR's coolant reservoir AKA the "surge" tank.

IMG_8996.jpeg SSR Coolant Hose 1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,634 Posts
You have the correct answer!
Cleveland Power (previously aka Cleveland Pick a Part)
There is a thread on the forum with a ton of rolling frame pictures - I have no idea how to find it anymore - miss the search window.
Great project!:)

Do you know the VIN from the SSR donor?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts