Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
42,842 Posts
Sorry to hear this my cat disappeared once for a month I thought I'd never see her again and one day she showed up at the door and acted like it was all my fault. Good Luck for a good outcome!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
cats they pick us rather than we pick them. Check the shelters if they are open or the pet stores

Pretty true I think
Thor was gifted to me in 2006 - had been abused
It took a bit for him to trust me but for 14 years he was loved

·
Proud Original Owner
18,067 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your companion.
He is a good looking animal.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
A couple years ago we had to put my big dog down. It was the rottenest day I’d had in a very long time. The vet had a sign in his treatment room I’d seen many times before and not thought too much about it. That day, I decided to take a photo of it. Best wishes, Dale.
Lee

·
Registered
2006 Chevy SSR BOS Indy parade truck
91 Posts
Hi Dale. Joining the ssr "family" in saying how sorry i am for your loss. I too know what it's like to lose a pet. Hoping that somehow your story has a happier ending (he returns) or that you at least find his body so you can bury him.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,254 Posts
Dale, so sorry to hear about Thor. I do feel for the vacuum you are now experiencing. This is a picture of our "Family Matriarch" Freckles. She lived to stay with us for 19 years. I still remember when my 10 year-old daughter picked her out of a litter of lively kittens. I still miss her greatly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
295 Posts
So sorry for your loss, Dale. It sounds like you and Thor had a very special bond, and we can feel your pain. Pets can be such joyful part of our lives, but it sure hurts when they go. Judy and I are keeping you and Thor in our prayers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dale, sorry to hear the sad news. We totally understand how you feel. Rita and I lost our first dog after 8 1/2 years due to congestive heart failure (she was a rescue that came from a puppy mill). We were absolutely devastated! We cried and cried. It took a full year for us to come around to thinking we could get another dog, another Cocker Spaniel.

Try to stay strong.

BRG Tim

·
Super Moderator
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A beautiful cat - sort of the reverse of Thor - so sorry she is gone.

·
Super Moderator
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dale, sorry to hear the sad news. We totally understand how you feel. Rita and I lost our first dog after 8 1/2 years due to congestive heart failure (she was a rescue that came from a puppy mill). We were absolutely devastated! We cried and cried. It took a full year for us to come around to thinking we could get another dog, another Cocker Spaniel.

Try to stay strong.

BRG Tim
I can't be on the phone without breaking up and crying
Easier to type my way out of this

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,898 Posts
Dale, So sorry for the loss of your Buddy. They're good at survival, but, if He's gone, I hope He did it on His own. They are private souls and don't want you watching at potty time, let alone when they're sick and like that. They Do go off on their own when the time comes, I don't know why, Cats are private that way. It's never easy to say good bye to our furry kids no matter what the species or breed. It never gets easier with repetition. We wish you Peace and Comfort knowing that you gave Him the Best life and made sure He had a Friend in life. You did that for Him... Well Done...

·
Super Moderator
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Every time I patted him on the bum I was worried if it might be the last time
I agree cats are private souls, like to have their private potty times - left alone when they aren't feeling well
This thread is getting too long
I guess I have said more than once - I just hope he died of old age - would love to bury him in my back yard

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
So sorry for your loss. You gave him a loving home. He may still show up yet. With his age, may just be taking him longer to find his way back. I had one return after 11 months. Went outside and he was laying on the patio table as if nothing had ever happened. I currently am taking care of 23 rescues. My oldest is now 20. I wonder every day if this will be his last.

·
Super Moderator
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So sorry for your loss. You gave him a loving home. He may still show up yet. With his age, may just be taking him longer to find his way back. I had one return after 11 months. Went outside and he was laying on the patio table as if nothing had ever happened. I currently am taking care of 23 rescues. My oldest is now 20. I wonder every day if this will be his last.
Wow - dealing with 23 - I loved working with one pet let alone 23
I just know he is gone
I can only wish but feel the worst has happened
Congrats at looking after the 23 - jeez, looking after one that I loved was a pleasure, but enough to deal with

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,532 Posts
Dale there are a couple of problems with having a pet like Thor, your fur baby....they don't live long enough, and when they leave us, it's like loosing family! All the best to you my friend..

·
Super Moderator
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Dale there are a couple of problems with having a pet like Thor, your fur baby....they don't live long enough, and when they leave us, it's like loosing family! All the best to you my friend..
Thanks, Gordy
Maybe we can meet up in Penticton next year
Speaking with Flassh (Ray) I am not sure he wants to take it on anymore but hopefully, someone will take it on so we can have our SSR's sequestered in an area
Love to meet up with the Alberta/Washington/California/ Texas/Montana/Idaho - no you da ho et al group again - hoping I haven't missed anyone

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I know are pets are a big part of our life. They give unconditional love. So sorry to hear about Thor

·
Super Moderator
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Cash, sorry about your lost...This is Ellie...the only attack cat I have ever had.
vp View attachment 577732
Wow, - Elie looks like he/she is in attack mode!
Memories
  • Thor attacking me from behind - wrapping his paws around my leg as I dragged him along - thank heaven I had my sweats on!
  • In my office, I heard this weird thump thump coming down the hallway
There he was with a big bird (Blue Jay I think) but he had to hold it in with a front paw - "Dad, I brought you lunch!"
I felt so sorry for the bird but I really appreciated the effort
  • Seeing him on a very windy day in the tree in my backyard
  • On the fence looking like a pirate
I will try to find the pictures

What the heck is Pic 1 - a ball of hair!
Pic 2 is my friend Mischa - had to have her put away - diabetes, kidney a mess
I can't say this is funny but the poor girl would sit in front of me when she tried to clean herself but would fall over
Eventually, she would lean up against a wall to keep her balance- she was very much fun
She was one of those box cats. I remember a time when I heard her in one of my pantry drawers - she had hopped in and I had closed the drawer
I kept a small box under my desk for recycled paper - she would bunk out there while I did SSR stuff

My back is a mess so for the last 20 years I have slept in theatre chairs with the inserts for cup holders
As mentioned, Thor has slept on my lap - and to my right, I always kept a fresh glass of water for him.
Watching him slurp was fun but he did make a mess - sometimes using his paw to drink so I needed to put micro cloths to absorb the overflow
We went through a few things - drinking from the toilet so I obviously needed to keep that sanitized but we eventually figured out the glass in the theatre divide was the best idea.
Water bowls on the floor did not seem to work for him - waking up from my lap - moving a couple of steps seemed to make him happy
Eventually, I became his servant, my best friend

Attachments

21 - 40 of 61 Posts