Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SSR MY (Model Year) "Most Popular" color selections are now available!

*Numbers have been rounded off to the nearest tenth of a % - due to the fact that some of SSRs produced were never released for sale.

03 SSR Percent by Color
44% Redline Red
33% Smokin’ Asphalt
23% Slingshot Yellow

04 SSR Percent by Color
29.6 Redline Red
26.0 Slingshot Yellow
19.5 Smokin’ Asphalt
13.0 Ricochet Silver
11.9 Ultra-Violet

05 SSR Percent by Color
24.2 Smokin’ Asphalt
22.5 Redline Red
18.5 Slingshot Yellow
17.9 Aqua Blur
16.9 Ricochet Silver

Chrome Wheels
Very limited in 04 at 15% due to late April introduction and limited supplier availability.
In 05 chrome ran at 75% of all builds.

Q: Does anyone know why the the front SSR Chevrolet Bowtie was changed from a gold metal finish to a PVC painted bowtie?
A:
Because the metal finish can tarnish with the use of hard or abrasive cleaners.

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Only for the Signature Series

SSR Fan said:
:rolleyes:
No Ultra Violet for the 2003 MY ???
I thought that was an introductory color ???
The Ultra-Violet color was only made available in 03 for the 25 Signature Series. Then Chevrolet introduced the color into the 04 MY as a regular production color.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Did the Math....

03 SSR Percent by Color (3416)
44% Redline Red (1503)
33% Smokin’ Asphalt (1127)
23% Slingshot Yellow (786)

04 SSR Percent by Color (10676)
29.6 Redline Red (3160)
26.0 Slingshot Yellow (2776)
19.5 Smokin’ Asphalt (2082)
13.0 Ricochet Silver (1388)
11.9 Ultra-Violet (1270)

05 SSR Percent by Color (7279)
24.2 Smokin’ Asphalt (1761)
22.5 Redline Red (1638)
18.5 Slingshot Yellow (1347)
17.9 Aqua Blur (1303)
16.9 Ricochet Silver (1230)

ALL Model Years - Per color

Smokin’ Asphalt - 4970
Redline Red - 6301
Slingshot Yellow - 4909
Aqua Blur - 1303
Ricochet Silver - 2618
UV - 1270

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Marc NY said:
SSR MY (Model Year) "Most Popular" color selections are now available!

04 SSR Percent by Color
29.6 Redline Red

Chrome Wheels
Very limited in 04 at 15% due to late April introduction and limited supplier availability.

:thumbs Mines ~15% of 29.6%= 6.6% or ~470 04 :ssr with Chrome Wheels :)

Frank

·
Registered
193 Posts
Marc's the man.....

Marc NY said:
The Ultra-Violet color was only made available in 03 for the 25 Signature Series. Then Chevrolet introduced the color into the 04 MY as a regualar production color.
:thumbs Thanks
I knew Marc would set me straight.
This may be a future trivia question, so everyone PAY ATTENTION :lol

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
In the brochure we got at Homecoming it said there were 3384 units made in 03. Thats a difference of 32 vehicles from the numbers posted here. Whats up????
Also the difference for 04 was 2 units and 05 1 unit.
Can anyone explain?????

·
180 Posts
Thanks for the info, Marc, and thanks also to Keith for doin' the math! Interesting numbers to see, especially the relative rarity of ultraviolet.

It will be interesting to see the color distribution for MY 06 with Pacific blue and the two-tone versions!

I guess we must conceed that redline red deserves the undisputed title as "most popular SSR color" Ouch!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
dingbat said:
In the brochure we got at Homecoming it said there were 3384 units made in 03. Thats a difference of 32 vehicles from the numbers posted here. Whats up????
Also the difference for 04 was 2 units and 05 1 unit.
Can anyone explain?????
2003 = that was a strange year - 25 Signature Series SSR's - some SSR's rolled out to dealerships and then were promptly picked up and returned for 'quality control' processes...

2004 and 2005 figures are from the GM investor web site. We did see a couple "Pre-production" SSR's built that were for the 2005 MY (Their VIN's were in sequence - in the middle of 2004 VIN's)...

With all the LCC downtime this year - I don't think that any 2006's were produced in the middle of the 2005 run...

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More Clarification!

dingbat said:
HI Mike,

I contacted Bob Walczyk earlier today and asked him if he could please clarify in more detail as to why the difference in total production numbers. Below was his reply back to me.

Marc, per our conversation:

SSR Fanatics:

After reconciling the 2003 MY with the Lansing Craft Centre, the 2003 MY production run is officially 3,416. The 3,384 indicated in the homecoming brochure would not have included some of the engineering validation builds.

The 2003 Color penetrations should read:

21U Ultra Violet - 0.8%
41U Smokin' Asphalt - 32.3%
70U Redline Red - 43.5%
79U Slingshot Yellow - 23.4%
Total 100% -

Chevrolet is working with the Lansing Craft Centre and with GM's Order Fulfillment organization to develop a more comprehensive accounting of the various colors and option penetrations that can serve as the 'official' numbers. As this is not something GM typically does, it is a little more difficult to develop than one would think.

By the way, the initial orders have Pacific Blue running at 22.4%. Two tone paint is currently ramping up to and therefore we are artificially constraining orders flow, but is expected to run around 10% of total production with the available colors that exist today.

Bob Walczyk
Marketing & Product Manager
Chevrolet SSR

I think that this should clear up the final production numbers once and for all! :thumbs

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The Official Percentages by Color

03 SSR Percent by Color
43.5 Redline Red
32.3 Smokin' Asphalt
23.4 Slingshot Yellow
00.8 Ultra-Violet

04 SSR Percent by Color
29.6 Redline Red
26.0 Slingshot Yellow
19.5 Smokin’ Asphalt
13.0 Ricochet Silver
11.9 Ultra-Violet

05 SSR Percent by Color
24.2 Smokin’ Asphalt
22.5 Redline Red
18.5 Slingshot Yellow
17.9 Aqua Blur
16.9 Ricochet Silver

Chrome Wheels
In 05 chrome ran at 75% of all builds.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Marc: I just wanted to verify: There were NO Ricochet Silver 03s? When was Ricochet Silver added? Start of 04 model year, or earlier?

As a matetr of interest, the most popular colors for street rods over the years have been - you could gues this - red, black, and yellow.

Jim G

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Silver in 03

JimGnitecki said:
Marc: I just wanted to verify: There were NO Ricochet Silver 03s? When was Ricochet Silver added? Start of 04 model year, or earlier?
Jim G
HI Jim,

There were no Richochet Silver 03 SSRs made. Silver was introduced at the very start of 04 production in early January 04.

BTW: The first two - 04 pilots built were made in late 2003 and they were painted in Ultra-Violet and Richochet Silver.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Marc I thought

Marc NY said:
HI Jim,

There were no Richochet Silver 03 SSRs made. Silver was introduced at the very start of 04 production in early January 04.

BTW: The first two - 04 pilots built were made in late 2003 and they were painted in Ultra-Violet and Richochet Silver.
Marc I thought you said All SSR's are silver :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
On the other side

I just wanted to throw in that I don't think that the number represent the most popular colors made in '03 ....they represent what GM (and dealers) decided would be the colors that sell. For the year '03 and early '04 some buyers probably took whatever color they could get. If I wanted an '03 (and didn't want to pay 10k over sticker), I had only 1 color choice and that was black So even though this is nit picking, I would say that the numbers represent the percentages made, not necessarily the most popular colors..... :yawn (<- dingbat, see that...he he he)

L

·
0 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
With all the LCC downtime this year - I don't think that any 2006's were produced in the middle of the 2005 run...
I didn't get to order my ssr until August 13th. That was when I was told they would start producing the 06 MY. Go Pacific Blue!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blue

Picked up my Pacfic Blue 06 SSR yesterday, new to the board. Reading about the experiences and tips on the board. Thanks for everyone's comments. I have learned alot from the members.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Congrats

DA said:
Picked up my Pacfic Blue 06 SSR yesterday, new to the board. Reading about the experiences and tips on the board. Thanks for everyone's comments. I have learned alot from the members.

That's a beautiful color! I was very impressed by this color when I first saw it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts