Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank God, Mark closed the thread on the rantings of that "Fowl" gentleman. It is certainly not my intention to open anything up again. I've been silent, did not want to join in the diatribes, but I feel it is important to tell owners and future owners of SSR's about my dealings with Axiom.

I will try and be as concise as possible. I orderd the grille bars this past spring and, yes, I did wait a while longer than I thought I should for them. When I did get around to installing them, I had a problem with the way they fit. I took some digital photos of them and sent them to Lesa. She asked me to send the bars back (at her expense, of course). I was concerned that I may get "pushed" to the back of the line. She kept me informed on the progress of the new bars and quite honestly, I thought I waited longer than I should have for the second set to arrive.

Here's where I get upset with a "man" like Mr. Fowler. I admit I became a little upset with the wait, but I didn't feel the need to share this problem with this forum. I'm a big boy, I would take care of it in a civilized manner. If I had to get "loud", I would do it with the vendor, and only with the vendor. While waiting, I found out that I would be facing another challenge in regards to my health. The "Big C" hunted me down again for the third time in 10 years. First of two surgeries done a month ago, the second one scheduled in a couple weeks. Please believe me that I do not mention this for pity's sake, but to try and put some perspective on a person's lunatic rantings about something as insignificant as grille bars!! And to have him rail on under the guise of "warning" us about this evil vendor. Buddy, at the risk of sounding like some tree-hugging, over-the-hill hippie...you need to smell some flowers! If that doesn't work, sign up for some anger management classes. We're not here for very long, enjoy yourself a little. I share some of your feelings about the world economy and where it's going, but I would never stoop to your level of name calling and racial innuendos. Go out and find an Indian or Pakistani gentleman and shake his hand and find out that he has a family and loved ones and just wants to get through life the best he can. (Might even be able to sell him a Porsche.)

I told Lesa about my illness for the simple fact that I would have liked to have received my bars before the surgeries so I could get them installed. She said she'd try her hardest. Well, it came close, but didn't quite make it. And ya' know what, I could give a rat's a$$!! It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of driving my SSR in the least. She kept in touch and let me know it would be a little longer than expected. She's encouraged me with emails and when I went out to the mailbox today, I find a get well card. Yes, Mr Fowler, she's one, mean-a$$ woman!! ....totally out to screw everyone out of a buck!

After reading all the crap I did this evening, I just had to write (and I don't do it very often) I just think she was getting a bum rap. Mark, Troy, John...if you think this will just stir the pot again, don't bother posting it. It was therapeutic writing it. Thanks, Lesa. I'll get back with ya' when I get these damn bars on! Oh well, never was very concise!

·
Registered
189 Posts
wolvareen said:
Thank God, Mark closed the thread on the rantings of that "Fowl" gentleman. It is certainly not my intention to open anything up again. I've been silent, did not want to join in the diatribes, but I feel it is important to tell owners and future owners of SSR's about my dealings with Axiom.

I will try and be as concise as possible. I orderd the grille bars this past spring and, yes, I did wait a while longer than I thought I should for them. When I did get around to installing them, I had a problem with the way they fit. I took some digital photos of them and sent them to Lesa. She asked me to send the bars back (at her expense, of course). I was concerned that I may get "pushed" to the back of the line. She kept me informed on the progress of the new bars and quite honestly, I thought I waited longer than I should have for the second set to arrive.

Here's where I get upset with a "man" like Mr. Fowler. I admit I became a little upset with the wait, but I didn't feel the need to share this problem with this forum. I'm a big boy, I would take care of it in a civilized manner. If I had to get "loud", I would do it with the vendor, and only with the vendor. While waiting, I found out that I would be facing another challenge in regards to my health. The "Big C" hunted me down again for the third time in 10 years. First of two surgeries done a month ago, the second one scheduled in a couple weeks. Please believe me that I do not mention this for pity's sake, but to try and put some perspective on a person's lunatic rantings about something as insignificant as grille bars!! And to have him rail on under the guise of "warning" us about this evil vendor. Buddy, at the risk of sounding like some tree-hugging, over-the-hill hippie...you need to smell some flowers! If that doesn't work, sign up for some anger management classes. We're not here for very long, enjoy yourself a little. I share some of your feelings about the world economy and where it's going, but I would never stoop to your level of name calling and racial innuendos. Go out and find an Indian or Pakistani gentleman and shake his hand and find out that he has a family and loved ones and just wants to get through life the best he can. (Might even be able to sell him a Porsche.)

I told Lesa about my illness for the simple fact that I would have liked to have received my bars before the surgeries so I could get them installed. She said she'd try her hardest. Well, it came close, but didn't quite make it. And ya' know what, I could give a rat's a$$!! It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of driving my SSR in the least. She kept in touch and let me know it would be a little longer than expected. She's encouraged me with emails and when I went out to the mailbox today, I find a get well card. Yes, Mr Fowler, she's one, mean-a$$ woman!! ....totally out to screw everyone out of a buck!

After reading all the crap I did this evening, I just had to write (and I don't do it very often) I just think she was getting a bum rap. Mark, Troy, John...if you think this will just stir the pot again, don't bother posting it. It was therapeutic writing it. Thanks, Lesa. I'll get back with ya' when I get these damn bars on! Oh well, never was very concise!

Marc,

Well said, life is too short :thumbs My best to you and your family, I know that it is harder on them than it is on you :( I wish you a speedy recovery!

My Best,

Rob V.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Same goes here. I wish you and your family the very best. What you said and how you said it was perfect. :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Hey Mark!

Thanks for making us step back and put on our "What's Really Inportant" hat!

May a late shipment be the ONLY inconvenience you have in the future!

God bless and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
raveschi,

Along with many others, I'm sure, me and my family are praying for your victory over this thing.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Great words and you are right life is to short to hold onto a grudge. I hope you recover well and fast. You will be in my thoughts during this little bump in the road. :flag

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Lost Control

He harbors bitterness in not in control of his life. He is being controlled by the one whom he is bitter against. It is far better to be a thermostat than a thermometer.

Think about it... :leaving

·
Banned
59 Posts
Hey I am a vet and he has a right to inform people how he feels even if you do not agree. Cancer has nothing to to do with it. Everybody dies one way or another. What does that have to do with this. I deal with CANCER pt. alot because I ame a Respiratory therapist and most are cause by the persons job, smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. What is the point. If you know christ you got it made! I have talked to Lesa and She seemed very nice on the pone and I have Taked to her 2 times on the phone and 3 time via e mail. Do I trust her YES! But I think the grills are over priced!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Marc - I just had my second go-round (first one in 1968) - treament going well. Wish you same luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.