Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first drive today in an '05 with a stick. I was impressed with the overall looks, handling and engineering of this little "pickup". The last Chevy I owned was a '57 210 with about 300 hp. That was 1967.

I have owned little Ford pickups like 64 and 65 Ranchero's with V8's since then, and now looking for something to replace both my '95 Cobra Mustang and my '64 Ranchero. Sooo, in looking for a small little modern rear wheel drive pickup with a healthy V8, it was time again to look at another Chevy.. I will soon have two Fords for sale as I have found a wonderful little Silver 6spd '05 SSR that will do the job of both my old Fords and after 35 years or so its time for a Chevy again..

Does $36K sound about right for a like new one, fully loaded with low miles and a stick?

By the way, my title at work has been "SSR" (System Support Rep) for many years, so this car was made for me. I can't wait to write the check in the next day or two for this baby.

If your old enough you might remember the old FORD saying "Flatheads for Ever" in the 50's? Well my more modern interpretation of the same old saying translated to Chevy's is "Pushrods for Ever". No overhead cams and fluff in this LS2 for sure.

SSR Doug

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Doug,
I love my 05 six speed and I paid about $43k for mine(new).. You might have a tough time finding this model used as it's so darn good people might want to hang on to it for a while. If you get one at that price please don't tell me about it...ha ha.. Good luck.. Zack

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
System Support Rep-SSR

Pushrods4ever said:
By the way, my title at work has been "SSR" (System Support Rep) for many years, so this car was made for me. I can't wait to write the check in the next day or two for this baby.SSR Doug

That's to cool! Yes I do agree I think this was made for you also! Enjoy the ride and welcome aboard. The experience is fascinating!!!!! :thumbs You'll get all the System Support you need right here!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My second drive

Well my second drive was a lot longer and more satisfying. This time it lasted most all afternoon and I was the proud owner of #19286.

The city of Corona now has a Silver '05 6spd running around on the streets and a guy with a big grin driving. For Sell signs going on my two Fords in the AM.

SSR Doug

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Piddler said:
How much for the '64 Ranchero.
Got any pictures to post?
I will be looking for $4K for the Ranchero and $10K for the Cobra. Will take some photos soon and will have on Autotrader shortly.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey Doug,

Welcome to the family. Have a Corona in Corona to celebrate your new beauty (but don't drive afterwards unless you have a badge!).

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts