Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it turns out, there was no "S.O.B. what stole my truck" - it was this fool what parked it in a "Tow-away zone!" Yes, I did not see the sign ("Tow away zone 4-6PM") Soooooo, 8 freakin' days later, I get a call from the Poo....lice, that my lil' Mutha....... truck has been IMPOUNDED!!! - In this era of computers, it should have taken only hours for them to have it in the system and for the Poo..lice to notify me of it's "incarceration" - yes??? $458.00 later I was back croooooozin' in my lil' truck. This all took place in West L.A., and the "tow away zone" was on a sSIDE street, not a main thoroughfare, which is why I never noticed the sign ( I was at a meter that was pumped full of coin) - it's ALL about the $$$, here and it is not the first time that I've been SCREWED by the DOT - they dropped the ball in not entering it in the system and only because the impound yard did is why I got the Lil' truck back!!! - I will have an appeal hearing but you know how that goes.........NO ONE will take the blame for the delay! Again thanks for all your nice wishes on my previous post - hope to see you all on the 15th! Jeff a/k/a Tallnla

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Parking is Rough In West L.A.!!!

Good to hear you got your ride back, Jeff...:thumbs

In the past,I had to give fellow employees rides to the impound yard for parking after 3pm..:cuss

RickSSR :cool

·
180 Posts
Whew!!

What great news!! You must be relieved! Did they charge you by the day, or was the impounding a set fee? While it was your mistake to park in the tow away zone, the 8 day delay in notification is ridiculous (especially when you called police immediately)! I'm sure it was still worth every penny just to get your ride back!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lil' truck is fine.....

Once again, THANKS, for your well-wishes........the lil' guy is O.K. - no damage (except to his pride) and all my "stuff" was untouched!!! So I be Crooooozin' on!!! Jeff

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Dooh

Glad she's back in daddy's arms!!!

Will see you at the picnic in Oct.

Happy :ssr ing

:seeya
Tony

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Hi Jeff, just got home and saw your post. Glad you got your SSR back with no damage. Hope your appeal works out also. See you in Victorville.

·
Registered
14 Posts
impounded vehicle

Let me know if I can be of help to you, I am a tow industry consultant and
manager of a police impound in city of Burbank,
sounds like someone should be responsible for the delay in notifing you.
probably the city! Tow should have cost $96, $30 per day storage fee,
lien charges could be imposed after 72 hrs cost up to $100, sounds like tow co.
was okay in their invoice and you had no damages to your car. (SSR is easy to
tow, despite what others say)

Jesse (towwiz)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.