Chevy SSR Forum banner

My Lil' Mutha........truck has been found

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  crazyrtr53 
#1 ·
As it turns out, there was no "S.O.B. what stole my truck" - it was this fool what parked it in a "Tow-away zone!" Yes, I did not see the sign ("Tow away zone 4-6PM") Soooooo, 8 freakin' days later, I get a call from the Poo....lice, that my lil' Mutha....... truck has been IMPOUNDED!!! - In this era of computers, it should have taken only hours for them to have it in the system and for the Poo..lice to notify me of it's "incarceration" - yes??? $458.00 later I was back croooooozin' in my lil' truck. This all took place in West L.A., and the "tow away zone" was on a sSIDE street, not a main thoroughfare, which is why I never noticed the sign ( I was at a meter that was pumped full of coin) - it's ALL about the $$$, here and it is not the first time that I've been SCREWED by the DOT - they dropped the ball in not entering it in the system and only because the impound yard did is why I got the Lil' truck back!!! - I will have an appeal hearing but you know how that goes.........NO ONE will take the blame for the delay! Again thanks for all your nice wishes on my previous post - hope to see you all on the 15th! Jeff a/k/a Tallnla

#9 ·
Whew!!

What great news!! You must be relieved! Did they charge you by the day, or was the impounding a set fee? While it was your mistake to park in the tow away zone, the 8 day delay in notification is ridiculous (especially when you called police immediately)! I'm sure it was still worth every penny just to get your ride back!

#15 ·
Hi Jeff, just got home and saw your post. Glad you got your SSR back with no damage. Hope your appeal works out also. See you in Victorville.

#16 ·
impounded vehicle

Let me know if I can be of help to you, I am a tow industry consultant and
manager of a police impound in city of Burbank,
sounds like someone should be responsible for the delay in notifing you.
probably the city! Tow should have cost $96, $30 per day storage fee,
lien charges could be imposed after 72 hrs cost up to $100, sounds like tow co.
was okay in their invoice and you had no damages to your car. (SSR is easy to
tow, despite what others say)

Jesse (towwiz)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.