Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snake skin interior anyone?
Asphalt Road surface Wood Sky Automotive tire

Wood Terrestrial plant Floor Flooring Automotive tire

Went out to look for a piece in my SSR and this was on the floor. About 18" long in the condition it is in. So it is probably a little longer. I may have this one for sale cheap, new owner to take with the snake. I HATE SNAKES.

·
Registered
OBNOXIOUS Red 2004
443 Posts
I'd be looking for the former inhabitant of that skin! Yikes!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
It's probably wound up in your seat cushions. Good luck getting that thing outta there. Leave the doors open for a day or two and maybe it will slither out.

·
Slingshot Rules!
86,937 Posts

THAT'S NOT A SNAKE, Bruce . . .

Come out here and I'll introduce you to a few REAL SNAKES. Four, Six to Eight Feet Long and about the diameter of a milk carton. I believe they live in the River Bed a few blocks from my home. Critters such as Mice and/or Rats, etc are their first choice for gourmet dining.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh NO thanks. I live in a rural area and we have our mixture of animals. I was always told if you have black snakes around you won't have poisonous snakes so I leave the black snakes alone. But they have to understand the rules go booth ways. They need to leave me along and being in my truck is not paying by the rules.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
THAT'S NOT A SNAKE, Bruce . . .

Come out here and I'll introduce you to a few REAL SNAKES. Four, Six to Eight Feet Long and about the diameter of a milk carton. I believe they live in the River Bed a few blocks from my home. Critters such as Mice and/or Rats, etc are their first choice for gourmet dining.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !
The TV show "Swamp People" had several episodes where they were hunting pythons in the Florida everglades. Now those were some serious snakes.

·
Registered
OBNOXIOUS Red 2004
443 Posts
Do you have a camera? I'd be looking for video of where it is or proof that it left!

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried Google for Mongoose rentals and came up empty. Darn it. Well maybe mother nature is helping out with this 100 plus degree weather. The temp inside the truck has to be over 100 and maybe the snake has moved on to cooler places and also I would not think there is much to eat in there either.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Any chance it may be someone messing with you? Seems like it would be very difficult for the snake to get in your R, and when they shed it's typically against rocks, plants, or another rough surface. Looks like this skin is layed out in the middle of the floor?
It would be a good joke, something me or one of my buddies would do!

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any chance it may be someone messing with you? Seems like it would be very difficult for the snake to get in your R, and when they shed it's typically against rocks, plants, or another rough surface. Looks like this skin is layed out in the middle of the floor?
It would be a good joke, something me or one of my buddies would do!
It looked like to me it may have found the right place between the seat the carpet on the side of the transmission tunnel to help pull the skin off. The skin was a little bunched up by the head. I found it a little strange that it was laid out so nice and straight because there was not a lot of room for it to keep going from there. But I am sure it would not have been a prank. I am in a wooded area and snakes and wild life are just part of the joy of living here. I think the heat inside the truck would not be the ideal place for the snake to hang around, but I will also be leaving it opened before I do anything with it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts