Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you know, or don't know, I bought a set of 06 OEM rims four years ago. They were almost brand new. Owner bought NEW 06 SSR and put on OEM Chrome rims and I bought his.

Had them painted (finally) a BRIGHT sparkle silver, inside and out, they painted the Gold Bow Tie and clear coated the rims inside and out.

Took a while to find a Shop with the latest Tire Equipment so they wouldn't get scratched. Demmitt Chevy has a $20,000 dollar Tire Machine, no scratches.

Dicktator

1. New Rim w/cap
2. Old Rim and Tire and New Rim
3. Bow tie painted and clearcoated
4. New Rim mounted
5. New Rims

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Beautiful job.I'm getting my tires mounted probably thursday.I didn't think dinging up was an issue anymore in most modern shops.What don't I know?I plan on pulling my wheels tomorrow,removing weights and cleaning .I painted the inside of rims years ago and don't want them beat up.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful job.I'm getting my tires mounted probably Thursday.I didn't think dinging up was an issue anymore in most modern shops.What don't I know?I plan on pulling my wheels tomorrow,removing weights and cleaning .I painted the inside of rims years ago and don't want them beat up.
Yes, you would think that the new equipment would not scratch a rim, WRONG!

I went to my Dealer who assured me that their equipment would not scratch the rim, they were right, it took the paint OFF, all away around the first rim. Yes, it had the plastic cup on the arm but it dragged on the rim. Had to have it repainted, my cost.

Now Chrome rims, it should be OKey but painted rims, not so good. Now, it was newly painted, within a week, and the paint may not be as hard as it will be over time.

The Machine Demmitt has, have soft rubber wheels that hold the rim and DO NOT scratch. Made by Coats, long time manufacture of tire equipment.

My chin spoiler is 3G and I like it fine, except it is the biggest "Curb Feeler" I ever had.

See you Sunday in Naples for Lunch.

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbs Mr Tator you have one NICE ride. :trophy:

You keep setting the bar higher!

:black:

Krazy Ed

Ed, I didn't mean to raise the bar, can't reach my "Capt'-N-Coke if it is to high.

Thanks Ed.

PS. Lightning win Stanly Cup!!

Dicktator

1 - 17 of 17 Posts