Chevy SSR Forum banner

My Route to Branson

5K views 43 replies 11 participants last post by  Garris1 
#1 ·
Saw a few post about going to Branson in other threads but thought it would be interesting to have one just for various routes everyone is taking.

I am leaving from Rockville MD, its about 1,095 miles or so. I am sure it will be more but that is what google is showing. Leaving early morning on the 12th, going to try and make it in a day if possible.

My route:
I-270 from Maryland to I-70
Pick up I-68 over to Morgantown WV.
Take I-79 out of Morgantown to Charlestown, WV
Then I-64 to St Louis, I like this road it is nice and smooth too.
I-44 from St. Louis to Springfield MO.
Final leg is HWY 65 onto Branson for some rest and fun.

If weather is bad, then I will stop someplace along the way and make it a 2 day road trip.

#3 ·
I'll be leaving Wichita about 7 on Saturday morning. Be headed down to hwy 166. Will take it to Joplin, Mo. I 44 to Springfield then the bypass around to 65. If Lambert's is open will have to stop and get some throwed rolls. Then with a full belly on to Branson.

#8 ·
Saw a few post about going to Branson in other threads but thought it would be interesting to have one just for various routes everyone is taking.

I am leaving from Rockville MD, its about 1,095 miles or so. I am sure it will be more but that is what google is showing. Leaving early morning on the 12th, going to try and make it in a day if possible.

My route:

If weather is bad, then I will stop someplace along the way and make it a 2 day road trip.

My route:

Our route from Michigan on I-55 goes thru St. Louis. Could be a good place to stop for the night for us folks coming from the north?

#19 ·
If stopping in St Louis I would recommend you take 55 south of St Louis and there are some nice places just south of 255/270 at the Butler Hill exit. For food options there they have fast food Taco Bell, Burger King, Pop Eyes, Hardee's, Waffle House, Sub Way. There is a sit down place in in the shopping plaza where the Waffle House and Hardee's is at called Frailey's it is a bar restaurant good bar type food. There is a Holiday inn, Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn there.

If you go to the next exit south Meramac Bottom Road there is a Cracker Barrel and a Best Western Hotel here.

Next exit Route 141 Arnold exit. There are a lot of restaurants here, and more hotels A Drury Inn and Pear Tree hotels. Places to eat include Syberg's (Local Family owned bar restaurant) in the same lot with the hotels. Bandannas BBQ across the road. Good Smoked BBQ served dry (one of my favorites). Apple B's. Denny's. Texas Road House, A ( Steak chain) In this plaza are also a Qudeba, St Louis Bread Co ( Panera), Pasta House, Sunny Side Café (smaller breakfast and lunch only place.)
Also a ton of fast food places, McDonalds, Steak N Shake, Wendy's, Chick Fila, Arby's, Fazoli's, Lions Choice.

If you are on 55 you can easily take 141 West to pick up Highway 44 down toward Branson.

Gas is cheaper in St Louis than Illinois normally because of the fuel taxes.

If anyone is needing auto parts for repairs in this area there are several auto parts stores in the area as well.

#10 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in stopping in or around St Louis, Mo. on Saturday Oct.12 for the night before heading into Branson the next morning?
Looks like St Louis is about 3 1/2 hours from Branson. Any suggestion on a hotel in the area of St. Louis? We will be traveling on highway 55 to 44. That is our plan for now anyway.
See Post #21 below.

#16 ·
Anyone interested in stopping in or around St Louis, Mo. on Saturday Oct.12 for the night before heading into Branson the next morning?
Looks like St Louis is about 3 1/2 hours from Branson. Any suggestion on a hotel in the area of St. Louis? We will be traveling on highway 55 to 44. That is our plan for now anyway.

Scott-0168
Marty
Yes, see my post #12 in this thread.

#17 · (Edited)
I'm departing Albuquerque on Wednesday the 9th with an overnighter in OKC. Then on to Branson on the 10th. It just so happens that I have a reunion with about 25 dear friends, from about 45 years ago, in Branson the Thursday, Friday and Saturday before the rally. Hell, I'm likely to be partied out by the time the car event even starts!! But not to worry, I've been practicing with the heaviest beer mug I've got!! ?

#21 · (Edited)
Just made reservations at Holiday Inn Express, South I-55 for Saturday Oct. 12.. That will put us about 4 hours north of Branson on Sunday. Anyone traveling that way is welcome to join us!
Front desk phone there is; 1-314-894-0700
Address; 4250 Midamerica Lane, St. Louis, MO. 63129

PS, I have also posted this info on the Great Lakes site; "Road to Branson"

1. Scott-0168
2. Marty
3. Garris1
4. Hamifour

#22 ·
Just made reservations at Holiday Inn Express, South I-55 for Saturday Oct. 12.. That will put us about 4 hours north of Branson on Sunday. Anyone traveling that way is welcome to join us!
Front desk phone there is; 1-314-894-0700
PS, I have also posted this info on the Great Lakes site; "Road to Branson"

1. Scott-0168
2. Marty
3. Garris1
I may join in also, i have to take closer look at my schedule to confirm everything. I will post back in a few days

#26 ·
Booked through Southwest Airlines.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - St. Louis South - I-55
4250 Midamerica Lane,
Mattese, MO 63129

C all y'all on the 12th of October.

#28 ·
If you all want to meet up for dinner there are several good places close by. My 2 best recommendations are 2 exits south Highway 141. Bandanna's BBQ smoked meat with sauces on the side. They are on the south side of the 141. On the north side next to the Drury inn is a place called Sybergs. More of a bar restaurant. Good food and service. Both are locally owned and have locations around the area. I am a few minutes from here so let me know and I can meet up if for dinner or just getting together in the parking lot.

#30 ·
Anyone interested in going to the Cards/Nats game Saturday evening? Janet and I would be if some of the group are?

Any of the STL folks know about tickets and costs, not to mention the time of the game.

Cheer for your team by wearing a red shirt. :rolleyes: :giggle:

#39 ·
Somewhere in Indiana. 187 miles to St. Louis to meet with other SSR folks. And cheer the Nats to their second NLDS victory.

Kenn
'05 Aqua Blur, since June 5, 2019
Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.