Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going home from work and saw 2 old but restored cars going the other way. I realized that Summer time is here and the town over may have a car show going as they do on some Friday nights. Turned the car around and followed them. Sure enough there was a car show. It takes place in Downers Grove , IL (25 miles West of Chicago) once a month on Fridays and a town over in Westmont on Thursdays nights. I parked the car in one of the parking lots and waited until the whole thing started.

It was a treat. There were about 100 cars or so and all cool in their own way. While I was parked this Chevy truck (53) was driving by looking for a paring spot. I flagged him down and asked him to park next to mine since our cars would look good together (yo be the judge). He agreed and boy was that a hi! He left early and an Accura NSX 1995 replaced it ($90K).

Check out the crowd around the SSR. All the vette guys were coming over and checking the car out. Most often words heard:

1- Gorgeous
2-Cool
3- What is it?
4- Are you a GM representative?

My 2 year old had touched the camera setting without me noticing and the pics came out a bit grainy. Sorry! It took 3 other guys to keep the crowd away so we could take a picture of the two.

Called my wife later and she came with the kids and we had a ball. My wife thinks we are all nuts.... :reddevil

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
the front end of that '53 and the SSR is almost a match! good call thinking the truck should park next to you. very cool.

Rick

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great Pix

red,

Thanks for some great photos. I have seen a lot of restored Chevy pickups and hoped to find a red one for some photo ops. You beat me to it...thanks for encouraging him to park nearby. We are all enjoying the results.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Terrific photos!! I'm going to join houtex and use one for my wallpaper. (Hope you don't have any copyrights on 'em!)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words people. I'm glad you enjoyed it. fell free to use the pics as you wish. Since I don't have my fron end plate, you redline redders can tell your friends it is your own. I have no problems witha lttle fibbing :lol

The black one is a beauty also but I think that one is quite modified and chopped. The red one is all stock right down to the painted wheels. The guy told me that due to the Korean war they were not using chrome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts