Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am just waiting to get approval on my pics. I have started with a few prep shots of my car, and then threw in a few more shots of the kind of work this guy does. While the last 4 pics are not of my motorcycle, they will give you an idea of the kind of work this fellow does. Enjoy!

My Truck

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
BTW Focks,

What ARE you doing to your SSR that made you strip it all down?

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shhh, I don't like my Aqua Blur.

I LOVE IT. But I am still adjusting the paint on the hood. After attending the "Homecoming" and seeing "The Woodward Dream Cruise" up close and personal, I knew I had to personalize my truck.

Actually, I decided to do it before I went up, but when I got back the guy I was going to work with, had a problem with his other paiinter. So he gave me the name of a guy named "Mike Dusold".

After meeting him I decided his shop was the one for me. You can tell by the custom bikes he "Designed, built, painted and recently sold", he really knows his stuff.

As times goes by, and I am guessing every few days, you will see the transformation of my truck. Some people already know what I am getting, but I would ask that you keep it to yourself, and lets watch how it all comes to pass.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Quiet please

I won't say a word, and as you know, that's a big deal for me! :lol

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Comes to pass

I would ask that you keep it to yourself, and lets watch how it all comes to pass.
I'll be watching! Can't wait to see how it comes to pass!
Love the custom bike. :thumbs

LOVE IT. But I am still adjusting the paint on the hood. After attending the "Homecoming" and seeing "The Woodward Dream Cruise" up close and personal, I knew I had to personalize my truck.
Yeah the Dream Cruise/Homecoming does make you wanta change. :agree
We did see some pretty impressive vehicles. Only difference is I thought about it and you are really doing it :thumbs TO COOL :cool

·
180 Posts
Looks like the beginnings to an "Extreme Makeover, SSR Edition". Can't wait to see how it turns out! Good Luck! :cool

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those guys do top quality work, but it comes with a price... You know the saying you get what you pay for!

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just added two more shots..You can see the Console has been removed up to the roof line, and then second shot shows them laying out waiting to be prepped.

The idea is to do a small motif of the outside to bring them together.

Did I mention it is killing me to be without my truck during this great weather. All I have to drive around in is my Big Green Truck.

Of course I am fortunate that the State Fair of Texas is now open and I can go bury my sorrows in corn dogs. :thumbs

Attachments

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Corn Dogs!

Of course I am fortunate that the State Fair of Texas is now open and I can go bury my sorrows in corn dogs. :thumbs
-Focks

It would be killing me to see mine all apart like that. Can't wait to see the next set of pics.

Good thing that the Fair is open to keep your mind and stomach busy! Be careful on how many Corn Dogs you eat as you will want to fit back in the driver seat of that custom SSR :lol :lol Gotta love those CORN DOGS :thumbs

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stopped by the shop this morning and took these shots. As you can see, the car is all masked out, and this weekend he is going to draw the graphics on it. One of the photo's shows the plastic weilding that was done on the lower grill (its where I used to have my liscense plate. You can't even see where the holes were)

And the last shot is of the area on the drivers side, front windshield. Who would have guessed that the piece that is normally there is only held on with "VELCRO"?

Attachments

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I know you are getting very excited about this step!!!! Looking forward to seeing the finished product very soon!!!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I went to the site and man, this guy really knows how to spray! Is he using urethanes or auto air paints or both?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I met Focks at Dusold Designs and saw is SSR all taped up and waiting. It is really hard to see but the outline of where the (secret) design will be and the Aqua Blur color looks like the outcome will be awesome. I am so excited for Focks and can't wait to see it first hand.

I also made a tentative appointment for Jan. 06 for my turn in the paint booth!!!:thumbs

Dusold will have two of his custom creations at Bike Week so you Florida SSR Fanatics be sure to say hi, and check out his bikes!!! Very cool:cool

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Focks, how is the truck coming?? When will be done ??? I'm getting impatient to see it!!!! Enjoy you trip to Orlando and keep us updated on the truck. :ssr

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Peaches said:
Yeah, keep us posted! I know that everyone on this site is getting anxious to see what you have in mind! :)

Do we really want to know what's inside Focks mind???

1 - 20 of 73 Posts