Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
The Other Day I Went To Start My 2003 Ssr And Nada!
Just A Click.
Well, Beware, When You Battery Dies And You Try To Start Your Car, Your Key Gets Locked Into The Ignition.
Oh, The Reason My Battery Died. They Found A Short In The Wiring Harness Under The Drivers Seat. It's In A Spot Where The Seat Wears Against The Harness.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Had a problem like that with my Blazer. Marianne came in the house and said something smelled like it was burning in the car. I went out and found some charred wires under the drivers seat. Seems that moving the seat from all the way down and back for me to forward and up for her finally wore through the wires. I took the seat out and spliced and taped and rerouted them so it would not happen again. So far so good. Circuit didn't short out.

Now lets see how many people will go out to their vehicles and check under the driver seat.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
dingbat said:
Had a problem like that with my Blazer. Marianne came in the house and said something smelled like it was burning in the car. I went out and found some charred wires under the drivers seat.
Did you find any fried Gecko's under there too?

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
dingbat said:
Had a problem like that with my Blazer. Marianne came in the house and said something smelled like it was burning in the car. I went out and found some charred wires under the drivers seat. Seems that moving the seat from all the way down and back for me to forward and up for her finally wore through the wires. I took the seat out and spliced and taped and rerouted them so it would not happen again. So far so good. Circuit didn't short out.

Now lets see how many people will go out to their vehicles and check under the driver seat.
going out right now lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
CoronaDan said:
Hi Folks
The Other Day I Went To Start My 2003 Ssr And Nada!
Just A Click.
Well, Beware, When You Battery Dies And You Try To Start Your Car, Your Key Gets Locked Into The Ignition.
Oh, The Reason My Battery Died. They Found A Short In The Wiring Harness Under The Drivers Seat. It's In A Spot Where The Seat Wears Against The Harness.
well i have had my battery die a few times but it was because i was working on my neon tubes and had my stereo going too, it didnt lock my key in though

05 ssr
405 horse unblocked motor
not no wimpy 390 haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts