Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(as in Wayne's world FYI)

I dropped the car off in late October, the guy hurt his back and was bedridden for 3 weeks, SEMA delayed the shipment, wrong part was shipped, blah blah blah, and my install was done in mid January. With all the snow and salt here in Chicago, I wasn't going to take it home. Frustrating! Main reason I have not been around here. The guy let me store the car on his rack and in his Garage since I was "very understanding" about his situation. He also fixed a couple of rust spots under the car (sand and spray) at no cost to make up for it. We waited for a good rain so the salt was off the roads.

I got the car today. WOW! It scared the hell out of me. I have never driven a car with a S/C and this was a complete surprise to me. :D

I know you guys all like the flowmaster but I went with this guy's recommendation and got the Edlebrock Stainless dual mufflers and cat-back exhaust system. The sound is almost erotic.;) :cheers I highly recommend this system.

He replaced the power servo and fourth gear servo (billet parts) also. To make the engine cover fit, he also made a special bracket for the setup.

He is recommending a K&N air filter. I could not find it for SSR at Auto Zone. Any suggestions?

I put a 100 miles on the car this afternoon ( not 15000k yet). Can't wait to drive it. I highly recommend this upgrade. It cost me about $7500 and saved me around $60,000 (price of a new BMW M5). At least for another 2-3 years.

I'm gonna try to post some pics but I always have problems with that. Be patient with me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pics

I hope I can do this, lets see.

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics2

pics2

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust

Exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Very nice!! That oughta give you even broader PERMAGRIN. WAAAAy better than a new M5

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
red enjoy the new power. I have had mine on for almost a year now and never regretted it. I easily blew some guy away the other day in his "Hemi", and he followed me into the store parking lot and said "Wow, whatcha got in that?, I thought you were just another one of those 4 cylinder SSR's". If he wasn't such a nice guy, I wouldn't have opened the hood for him.
Your set up looks really good with the stock cover on it. I was going to do the same thing, but was thinking that the cover might hold in some supercharger heat, and decrease the ability of the fins to radiate.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my God, Oh my God. Just spent the whole day in it. I can't believe I did not do this sooner. Everyone turns around and looks as soon as I hit the gas. The exhaust sounds great. I'm gonna see if I can record it and post it here.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I have to make sure I don't forget my Valentine 1 ( FYI: http://www.valentine1.com/)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:cool Got the Edelbrock info by any chance? :cheers
I'm not a mechanically inclined person but I can find out for you. What are you looking for?

·
Registered
566 Posts
WOW Redssrloaded,
Good to see you on after so long!! I'm glad to hear your wait is over FINALLY.
Just wondering if your gonna make it to Springfield so we can get to meet
you and your S/C ride.

:ssr Ladyinred :angel Lizz

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW Redssrloaded,
Good to see you on after so long!! I'm glad to hear your wait is over FINALLY.
Just wondering if your gonna make it to Springfield so we can get to meet
you and your S/C ride.

:ssr Ladyinred :angel Lizz

Hi Lady, good to be back. Back with a another 120-150 HP.:party

Springfield, ? You driving from Vegas? I have to do a search on the board to see where and when this meet is? Any link to a thread would be appreciated.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
I'm not a mechanically inclined person but I can find out for you. What are you looking for?
I would think he wants to know exactly which mufflers were used since Edelbrock does not make a complete or cat back system for the SSR. I'm curious as well. Sound clip would be great.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would think he wants to know exactly which mufflers were used since Edelbrock does not make a complete or cat back system for the SSR. I'm curious as well. Sound clip would be great.

I just talked to him He said that he used Edelbrock mufflers but custom modified the rest himself. I now have a true dual exhaust.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Yep, that's it. No SSR parts persay on Edelbrocks website. So in my curiousity, I asked what parts are you referring to. Usually everyone asks for part #'s and pics, I was just the 1st to ask on this one.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, that's it. No SSR parts persay on Edelbrocks website. So in my curiousity, I asked what parts are you referring to. Usually everyone asks for part #'s and pics, I was just the 1st to ask on this one.
As I mentioned before, I talked to him and he told me that he customized the stock exhaust system in his shop to make it a "TRUE" dual exhaust and then used dual Edlebrock mufflers. He reused the stock tips also. He is a pretty creative guy and designs a lot of this stuff in his shop. I loved the fact that he was able to use the engine cover with the custom bracket he made for me. I was not sure if I wanted the Supercharger hidden under it but it sure makes things look quite neat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts