Chevy SSR Forum banner

My SSR To Be In Parade On The 4th

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  ssr3 
#1 ·
My SSR will be in a 4th of July Parade. The parade will go down one side of Irvington Blvd. and then up the other. It is a local parade for Lindale Park.

The parade starts at 10:00 AM. Anyone in Houston that wants to bring their children and watch can find a shadey spot in my step-brothers front lawn at 5403 Irvington.

I also live in Lindale Park and want to promote myself in my own neighborhood. I am in sales at a Chevy store downtown.

CityGuide Houston indicated that this is the only parade on the 4th in the area.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am sure I will enjoy it. I am a single parent to the most beautiful 4 year old girl. We have been talking and planning. She is going to throw candy and beads for me. It will be not only a parade, but an event between us.

When I contacted them about being in the parade, they knew who I was, where I lived and what I drove. They said they had even had discussions about my SSR being in the parade.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
You are most welcome to join in.

Lindale Park is south of 610. Irvington, a couple blocks south of 610 is the starting point. It goes down to around Calvacade and then comes back up.

I can give more details as it gets closer. I can always be reached at (713) 446-6691.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
houtex,

Are you still interested in the parade? If so,

Do you have a passenger for your SSR?

If not, would you be interested in allowing Congressman Sheila Jackson Lee to ride as one?

I can send a link to get you to the Lindale Park Newsletter. It shows the participents. The parade starts at 10:00 AM. We will be spots #20 and #21. Due to the short prep time required, we could meet at the line up point at 9:15 AM. I have already purchased extra candy for your SSR to toss out.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your reply and PM. I have your number in my phone. The current plan is to meet at The Avenue Of The Oaks and Helmers at 9:15. I am not sure about the Congresswoman at the moment (later today).

No need for reimbursment. Parade fee and candy are mostly being paid by Knapp. I just appreciate you coming. Two SSR's are always better than one.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
HouTex,

I enjoyed meeting you and your wife (she forgot her flowers). We had fun. I hope we can have some more gatherings and maybe lunch. As big as Houston is, I bet we could out do other areas for turnout.

Thanks for posting pics. Although I had my camera, I couldn't take pics. You know with driving and getting pelted by candy and beads by the two princess's I had in the SSR with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.