Chevy SSR Forum banner

My SSR To Be In Parade On The 4th

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  ssr3 
#1 ·
My SSR will be in a 4th of July Parade. The parade will go down one side of Irvington Blvd. and then up the other. It is a local parade for Lindale Park.

The parade starts at 10:00 AM. Anyone in Houston that wants to bring their children and watch can find a shadey spot in my step-brothers front lawn at 5403 Irvington.

I also live in Lindale Park and want to promote myself in my own neighborhood. I am in sales at a Chevy store downtown.

CityGuide Houston indicated that this is the only parade on the 4th in the area.

#3 ·
Thanks. I am sure I will enjoy it. I am a single parent to the most beautiful 4 year old girl. We have been talking and planning. She is going to throw candy and beads for me. It will be not only a parade, but an event between us.

When I contacted them about being in the parade, they knew who I was, where I lived and what I drove. They said they had even had discussions about my SSR being in the parade.

#4 ·
QnHouston said:
Thanks. I am sure I will enjoy it. I am a single parent to the most beautiful 4 year old girl. We have been talking and planning. She is going to throw candy and beads for me. It will be not only a parade, but an event between us.

When I contacted them about being in the parade, they knew who I was, where I lived and what I drove. They said they had even had discussions about my SSR being in the parade.
Want some company in the parade? Only Lindale I could find on Yahoo was above the North Loop a little bit west of 59. That the place?? I've got a Smokin' Asphalt that just loves to show off.

#5 ·
You are most welcome to join in.

Lindale Park is south of 610. Irvington, a couple blocks south of 610 is the starting point. It goes down to around Calvacade and then comes back up.

I can give more details as it gets closer. I can always be reached at (713) 446-6691.

#6 ·
houtex,

Are you still interested in the parade? If so,

Do you have a passenger for your SSR?

If not, would you be interested in allowing Congressman Sheila Jackson Lee to ride as one?

I can send a link to get you to the Lindale Park Newsletter. It shows the participents. The parade starts at 10:00 AM. We will be spots #20 and #21. Due to the short prep time required, we could meet at the line up point at 9:15 AM. I have already purchased extra candy for your SSR to toss out.

G
#7 ·
Hello fellow Houstonian!
We are new members to the SSR Fanatic. Looking for get togethers in the near Houston area. If any are coming up we would love to know. Also, has anyone started a club here?
Know a few people with SSR's that would love to start one. Have a safe 4th. DJ

#8 ·
QnHouston said:
houtex,

Are you still interested in the parade? If so,

Do you have a passenger for your SSR?

If not, would you be interested in allowing Congressman Sheila Jackson Lee to ride as one?

I can send a link to get you to the Lindale Park Newsletter. It shows the participents. The parade starts at 10:00 AM. We will be spots #20 and #21. Due to the short prep time required, we could meet at the line up point at 9:15 AM. I have already purchased extra candy for your SSR to toss out.

Wayne - I got your PM - I'll be there at 9:15 or earlier. Left you my number on the PM. I'll reimburse you for the candy when I see you.

#9 ·
steve rock said:
Hello fellow Houstonian!
We are new members to the SSR Fanatic. Looking for get togethers in the near Houston area. If any are coming up we would love to know. Also, has anyone started a club here?
Know a few people with SSR's that would love to start one. Have a safe 4th. DJ

Steve - see your PM

#10 ·
Thanks for your reply and PM. I have your number in my phone. The current plan is to meet at The Avenue Of The Oaks and Helmers at 9:15. I am not sure about the Congresswoman at the moment (later today).

No need for reimbursment. Parade fee and candy are mostly being paid by Knapp. I just appreciate you coming. Two SSR's are always better than one.

#11 ·
Here's the parade!!

Here's some shots of the parade - QnHouston and his daughter and mine with the political trimmings. It was fun to watch Sheila Jackson Lee work a crowd. Now I've had a U.S. congresswoman in my SSR!!

Attachments

#12 ·
Eagles

Where, when, how much? Are they magnets?

As Will Smith said in Independence Day, "I gotta get me one of those."

Diggs

P.S. I'm not a fan of the Congresswoman, but she sure did look better in your SSR than when I've seen her ranting and raving on CNN. :lol

#13 ·
HouTex,

I enjoyed meeting you and your wife (she forgot her flowers). We had fun. I hope we can have some more gatherings and maybe lunch. As big as Houston is, I bet we could out do other areas for turnout.

Thanks for posting pics. Although I had my camera, I couldn't take pics. You know with driving and getting pelted by candy and beads by the two princess's I had in the SSR with me.

#14 ·
Diggs said:
Where, when, how much? Are they magnets?

As Will Smith said in Independence Day, "I gotta get me one of those."

Diggs

P.S. I'm not a fan of the Congresswoman, but she sure did look better in your SSR than when I've seen her ranting and raving on CNN. :lol
Try http://www.magneticflames.com/ - or www.fastflames.com they're both the same site. I believe the guy that ran the first one went out of business but the second one linked in. Anyway - I've had the eagles and the flames when I had the PT Cruiser - use 'em only on the 4th now. Might look into getting some bigger ones.

Congresswoman Lee is the Houston equivalent of Al Sharpton - only with softer edges - not my political choice, but we coexisted as celebrating Americans very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.