Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took them two weeks to order the parts for my car and repair them. didn't really mind since it has been quite cold here.

They fixed the top:

1-Not to scratch the panel as it went down
2- not to rattle so much

Also:

3-changed one of the vents inside the car since it was broken
4- Changed the hood strut, it was bent
5-Changed the foam under the hood, white stuff all over it
6-weather stripping of the tail gate was changed (deformed)

I will drive a bit more tomorrow but driving it back tonight I did not hear any rattles from the roof as I hit the bumps :cheers

Will go back on Friday, the service manager wants to go over everything they did. It took a while but they realized I was a pain in the @ss so the Corvette guy worked on mine and took his time.

H

·
0 Posts
I see you a from Chicago. I am a new owner who will probably need a good dearler at some point. You have any recommendations around Chicago?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought mine from Bollingbrook Chevy. Nice people, nice service guys and nice body shop (had a minor dent first week I got the car :banghead ). The problem is that they are a bit far from my house or work.

I went to Ogden Chevy (formerly known as Team Chevy) in Westmont/Oak Brook. These guys did not want to sell an SSR to me 2 years before the car came out. they wanted to sell it at a premium. But the ownership has changed and they seem to know what the are doing. More on my repairs tomorrow after I drive it on the expressway. The sell a lot of Corvettes and they have an indoor show room (body shop converted) full of exotic cars they are trying to sell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts