Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
I think you should keep the "gifting" going and give it to me.;):D:ROFLMAO: Any way welcome the FANATICS.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
930 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas.

Lots of possibilities to upgrade performance, it basically comes down to your wallet and desire. Gearing, high flow muffler, professional tune and some trans work will really liven an R up. That said, as some have said earlier at ~4700lbs Rs are pretty heavy from a performance standpoint. I’m addicted to whine, and mine goes really well and is very fun to drive, but she also gives up 1500lbs to my Z06. Head to head, from a sheer performance perspective there isn’t much of a competition. From a smiles/mile, the R wins hands down.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
WELCOME from Florida.
I used to have an 05 and loved it every second. I upgraded to a FPR (final production run) that previous owner did the tuning for me. Someone mentioned something about a whine.. That would be as a supercharger. You have been given a wonderful toy.
If you want performance like this:

This is a great toy and love it every second I get behind the wheel. Even if just to start it. Yes you have some required mods for safety and some for sound and some for power. I was going to say "I love it to death" but that just don't sound too good.
Enjoy your lifetime smile!! (permagrin)
Charles

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
My previous post... could not find a fix it thing.
Anyway, that start to shift... (0 - 60) is close to 3 seconds as you can time it.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,980 Posts
Welcome from Forney Texas !!! Try turning "Traction Control" and A/C off to get a little more fun!!!

Nick & Kathy

21 - 26 of 26 Posts