Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, big blow out of my passanger rear tire going North off the 55 freeway. The SSR handled the blow out like a champ, there was nothing left of the tire, yet no damage of any kind to my truck. I am glad i have goodyear tires, they stayed on even though it was blowing smoke everywhere. Not only that i called chevy's toll free number for towing and they were there in less than 15 minutes, what great service -no charge except for tip to driver. He drove me to Just Tires and got a new tire and i was off on my way in not time.

Great Car and Service Chevy!!!

:cheers

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
crogan said:
Boy, big blow out of my passanger rear tire going North off the 55 freeway. The SSR handled the blow out like a champ, there was nothing left of the tire, yet no damage of any kind to my truck. I am glad i have goodyear tires, they stayed on even though it was blowing smoke everywhere. Not only that i called chevy's toll free number for towing and they were there in less than 15 minutes, what great service -no charge except for tip to driver. He drove me to Just Tires and got a new tire and i was off on my way in not time.

Great Car and Service Chevy!!!

:cheers
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yes, the service is great, but finding another tire is another story.... America'a Tire are the best, but had to send to Reno, NV from the San Francisco, CA area to get a replacement overnight.... Wonder how long it would take to get another tire in the country somewhere?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
are you able to join us for the tri state run
I have a spare rear tire and rim in the back of our SSR as we live in the middle of a desert

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Tire Blew

Gald to hear that is handled like a champ. I have often wondered what the outcome would be if a tire did blow. Nice to know that everything worked out for you and that you are OK. Happy to hear that the Chevy Service was great too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not only that i called chevy's toll free number for towing and they were there in less than 15 minutes, what great service -no charge except for tip to driver. He drove me to Just Tires and got a new tire and i was off on my way in not time.

My dealer told me nothing about a Chevy toll free number for towing when I bought the SSR, especially that the service is free (except for the tip). How does this work and what is the toll free number?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,193 Posts
1-800-CHEV-USA

Call it and just verify with the friendly person on the other end what your coverage is. Your dealer screwed up by not informing you of this service.

Mike

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
My dealer told me nothing about a Chevy toll free number for towing when I bought the SSR, especially that the service is free (except for the tip). How does this work and what is the toll free number?

Same here. :mad

·
Banned
183 Posts
This is why I was thinking of buying 1 front wheel and tire for a spare. I think im going shopping on E bay for a wheel right now. Do you have any Idea what caused the blow out? How many miles were on the tire?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Danko said:
So SSRs have no spares?
The answer, of course, is no spare. The reason is 2 sizes of tires....there are other threads that discuss this....

·
Registered
97 Posts
spare tire

I found a compact spare out of a wrecked trailblazer at a junk yard to cary on trips as a spare, they have the same bolt patteren and take up a lot less room in the back. It will work as well as a 19 on the rear. Just my 2c.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts