Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am looking to drive from seattle to las vegas to visit my family for thanksgiving. we are having thanksgiving 1 week prior to the real thing due to my family being all over the place and having to do things. i am looking to drive through idaho and utah since it is about a 12-16 hour drive. i drove this route before in my mazda from vegas to tacoma. have any of u guys taken a big time cruise in your SSR? i am sick and tired of flying in planes (i am air force). i flew across the atlantic so many times. i wanna drive for once! i also wanna show off the SSR :D

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
IronMedic said:
hey guys, i am looking to drive from seattle to las vegas to visit my family for thanksgiving. we are having thanksgiving 1 week prior to the real thing due to my family being all over the place and having to do things. i am looking to drive through idaho and utah since it is about a 12-16 hour drive. i drove this route before in my mazda from vegas to tacoma. have any of u guys taken a big time cruise in your SSR? i am sick and tired of flying in planes (i am air force). i flew across the atlantic so many times. i wanna drive for once! i also wanna show off the SSR :D
2000 mile round trip count??

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
3325 mile round trip from Los Angeles, CA to San Antonio, TX. Great trip, no problems and really enjoyed cruising in the SSR. Averaged 20 mpg over the whole trip.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My wife and I did a 2800 mile trip this past July. went to Tenn, N.C, Va,N.J and then back to Mi. had a great time met two other fanatics on the trip. saw 5 other SSR's. can't wait to do another trip. :seeya

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Be prepared to meet a LOT of new friends along your trip. Even gas stops will be an adventure with everyone asking you questions about your SSR, like "Is it a kit car?" or "Who makes this?" etc.

Just do it and you'll be writing your trip adventure when you return!

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,201 Posts
3800 miles round trip on the Power Tour last June. Great trip, lots of new folks were met, and loads of fun driving the curvy mountain roads.

Have a good trip.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i cant wait to do this trip. my family is curious about this truck. they are big time toyota fans so they sorta shunned me for buying something other than toyota haha! :)
my best friend down there loves cars and he knows about the SSR. he wants to sit inside one and check it out. im pretty sure ill get some fun attention at every gas pump.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
THE LAST TIME SOMEONE CAME UP TO ME AT A 711. HE ASKED IF IT WAS A VOLKSWAGEN :reddevil I ASKED IF HE WAS FROM THIS PLANET.... :seeya

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
RSSRTOY said:
THE LAST TIME SOMEONE CAME UP TO ME AT A 711. HE ASKED IF IT WAS A VOLKSWAGEN :reddevil I ASKED IF HE WAS FROM THIS PLANET.... :seeya
Funny you should mention this as I had a lady ask me if that was my purple Volkswagen parked out in front once. I politely said no. By the way, Iron Medic, have a great trip and early Thanksgiving.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Road trip

Went a little over 2300 mi to Lansing Mi. around and back home for the homecoming. I is ready to have do overs. I hope they do it again this year. That's my longest trip in the :ssr . :seeya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts