Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI SSRfanatics,

Since we now know that there will be two-tone SSRs coming out in 06 what are your thoughts on these photo renditions I have created in Photoshop? Do you think that they will look like one of those that I created or some other variations of two tone combinations?

Next question: Will GM come out with a pinstripe and if so what color(s) would you want them to be in?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Marc NY said:
HI SSRfanatics,

Since we now know that there will be two-tone SSRs what are your thoughts on the photo renditions I have created in Photoshop? Do you think that they will look like one of those that I created or some other variations of those two tone combinations?

Next question: Will GM come out with a pinstripe and if so what color(s) would you want them to be in?
Myself, I've never been much of a fan for silver, but I must say the first picture( upper left, black over silver) really looks nice! :yesnod

·
Registered
97 Posts
2-tone

I like the silver over black real well, if I had the nerve I would paint my silver one like that, I am more comfortable working on someone elses cars rather my own. With my luck I would completely screw it up, maybe after it gets a few years on it I may give it a shot. :lol

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Nice work Marc - but Ummmm - Too Raidershish :leaving

I see wayyyyyy too much silver and black Raider stuff out here in the Central Valley - so I am biased....

Too bad all the colors were't available to mix and match - could be some real winning combos. :cool

·
Registered
96 Posts
Two tone

I believe that the two-tone color will look exactly like the Boyd Coddington SSR that was for sale on eBay a while back.

"I" think that Boyd was hired by GM to do the paint scheme specifically for them. "I" think that they also might offer a Coddington Special of some kind for the SSR or market it in such a way that the vehicle will appear to have Boyd's blessing.

Damn, I'm good.

Jeff

:cool

·
Registered
434 Posts
I like the first one, Black over Silver.

I find the all Black hard to keep looking nice. The Silver would not show every little thing, every time it was driven.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well Marc.....you make changing the color on our SSR's look soooooooo eeeeeeeeasy! I personally like the second photo top....silver over black.
I saw my first SSR today and stopped and talked to the owner. They had just gotten it on Monday, 'Slingshot Yellow', I must admit it looked good up close! Still prefer 'Redline Red' though! I gave them a card for the site and they are definitly going to check it out! It was soooo cooooool to actually talk to another SSR owner! They were happy I stopped and talked.....they had a million questions!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Hey Marc

You forgot one combo, black body with silver fenders-silver top, but I agree with Keith I dislike Raider colors :smash

·
Registered
601 Posts
TucsonSSR said:
I believe that the two-tone color will look exactly like the Boyd Coddington SSR that was for sale on eBay a while back.

"I" think that Boyd was hired by GM to do the paint scheme specifically for them. "I" think that they also might offer a Coddington Special of some kind for the SSR or market it in such a way that the vehicle will appear to have Boyd's blessing.

Damn, I'm good.

Jeff

:cool
You know that two tone from Boyd was in the shop on Friday's show. It looked great.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crazyrtr53 said:
You forgot one combo, black body with silver fenders-silver top, but I agree with Keith I dislike Raider colors :smash
:lol Well here is one more... but I will have to make it with a silver top I see ... UGH! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
As was previously mentioned on this thread....silver and black = raiders.

NO THANKS.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks Fantastic!

Looks fantastic! Great Job Mark! I especially like the black top-gray, black top-gray-hood and trunk and gray black fenders versions of the vehicle :thumbs

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
Panda bear

silver with black fenders ... no thank you. Black over silver is the only combo for me. It puts all the volume lower to the ground.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
REBEL said:
silver with black fenders ... no thank you. Black over silver is the only combo for me. It puts all the volume lower to the ground.
Looks like a Cop car or should I say Cop truck. :lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts