Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my wind baffle yesterday. I used 1/4" bronze lexan. I had two Z brackets made out of 1/8" aluminum. They are 13 1/4" long and go between the seat bumper and the bulkhead and there are still enough threads to get the nuts back on. I think that will take care of the stress problem on the bumper studs. If anyone is interested I will make a drawing of the brackets with the measurements and post it.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hows it work Lloyd?

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great

Hi Bruce, The baffle works great. It feels secure and gets very little vibration. I found a Tap Plastics in Dublin and picked up the bronze lexan while I was up there. It was a pleasure meeting you and Steve and I hope to get back up that way for some future events. Wish I could attend the Cops and Rodders show but its a little to soon after just being up there.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks Rickssr. You'll have to come down to the beachside cafe some Thurs. and check it out.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
GM Wind Breaker

LLoger,

I think your wind breaker looks great... However....

I just thought that some SSR owners might like to know that GM is coming out with their version in 05. I think that the mesh would have less stress and less back pressure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2005 Baffle

Thanks, I knew GM was coming out with one but I believe I saw where the cost would be about $300.00. Mine cost me a total of $40.00. My brother made the brackets for me and the Lexan cost $40.00. The brackets distribute the stress and there seems to be very little vibration. Right now I'm happy with it and I will keep the members posted if I encounter any problems.

B

·
0 Posts
Meshy Wind-Stop

Marc NY, The " GM Wind-Stop", (probably made overseas - Germany) is very difficult to see thru especially at night , the heavy frame is very "bulky" and crosses your line of sight in rearview mirror. Otherwise it looks well very obvious to some (and perhaps tacky) also it is unneccessarily expensive. :nono

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Update

:( :( :( :(

Windscreen:
The windscreen that will be an option on the 2005 SSR will not fit on the 2003 or 2004 SSR. A different mounting hardware is being developed so that it will fit the earlier models. It will be available a little later.

Hood Struts:
Retrofit hood struts are being developed for the 2003 & 2004 SSR. The plan is to make them as easy to install as possible. No idea when they will be available or what they may cost.

Will post any new info when available

:seeya :seeya

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Someone who knows

Diamond Jim,

Since you seem to have some answers to others questions, let me ask you this one. Has a new seal been developed for the cargo area for the 2004/2005? I have a 2003 and although I've had it serviced twice, it still leaks. Just want to know if I should be ordering a new seal or having them continue to fix the old one.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Cargo area SEALS

:) :) :) :)

I have heard nothing on a change to the seals in the cargo area, but will see what info if any, may be available.

I have a 2003 SSR and aside from an occasional small drop of water, in the rear corners, my cargo area stays pretty dry. I won't try to get it fixed unless it statrs to leak a lot. Sometimes it can be get worse when you play with it.

;) ;) ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts