Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it would have been mine if I had not cancelled my order when the Canadian prices came out a couple months ago.

Went down and checked it out and it was very nice. I'm sure I'll get one some day when the pricing thing gets a little more realistic. It was sold to another person and I'm sure he will be very happy with it. Price paid was MSRP which was $82,000 including sales tax. That works out to $62,000 US. OUCH! Some of your 'gouging' dealers would love the market up here in Canada.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
Hi, BMBLBEE - it must really suck to watch someone else drive the toy you've been waiting for - I still have a production slot, but I'm headed the same way. At least two others in B.C. have canned their orders as well - one is now waiting for a Ford GT.

Haven't heard back from the General yet, and haven't been able to get it in writing that they will block warranty on a US truck landing in Canada. Price spread between US and Canadian MSRP on a loaded truck has now stretched to $21000 at current exchange (1.32)(Including the 17% taxes I get to pay in B.C.) I really get choked about the gouging on the options - running boards are really high, and $895 for the yellow surcharge - that's really a stretch from $350 US

Still haven't seen one in real life - the small town dealers haven't received their first allocation yet. At least four landed in Vancouver last week, so I guess it's time for a road trip to drool.

One of my GM dealer/ boat customers has assured me that a test drive awaits when I get there - I'll leave the checkbook at home.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Flassh. Do take a look at one 'live'. To be honest I was not all that taken with it. Might have been because it was indoors in the drive through but the fenders look really square and the brushed aluminum look of the wheels and grill didn't seem to go well with the yellow. I'm starting to think black might be the best color for one. For the money I'll stick with my yellow Vette and the EXT will continue to seerve as the family truck.

I plan to look at the used market in the US in a year or so. I think as long as you find one that is six months old with some miles on it GM will not be able to void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
You're right about the US marketplace - 6 months /12000k seemed to be the magic combination to ship Duramaxes south.

I got a call yesterday that a yellow SSR had showed up in Kelowna -(serial 910) it's a pretty stunning piece. Unfortunately it was all locked up and no one was offering to open it up - apparently getting picked up this morning.

One thing not obvious on photos is the difference in offset between front and rear. I've never liked the stock wheels, and I think polished aftermarket wheels would look great on the truck. I also think body colored boards will make a big difference.

I'll just keep drooling for a while, and see how long it'll be before a 6 litre 6 speed shows up..

I've always thought red was the way to go, but my wife thinks black. I guess I can tow any color with a black truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts