Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members near Myrtle Beach? Passed a black one and a red one last week. Would love to get together with other members. :smile2:0

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Any members near Myrtle Beach? Passed a black one and a red one last week. Would love to get together with other members. :smile2:0
:smile2:
Not sure that you would have passed mine last week unless you were a few miles north in Little River. I live in Sunset Beach, N.C. That is just 12 miles north of the intracoastal bridge going into No. Myrtle Beach.

There are a few SSRs in our area.

You won't see mine for a while as I just pulled the PCM to be mailed out tomorrow for a "speedo change" since I just had 456 gear set installed. Excessive rain and colder weather has prevented me from even getting it cleaned up. I will consider choking the next person to bring up that "we need some rain"................:crying:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Passed a black ssr on Seaboard street in Myrtle Beach, a yellow one was getting gas at Costco. Maybe not on SSR website.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,174 Posts
Not sure that you would have passed mine last week unless you were a few miles north in Little River. I live in Sunset Beach, N.C. That is just 12 miles north of the intracoastal bridge going into No. Myrtle Beach.

There are a few SSRs in our area.

You won't see mine for a while as I just pulled the PCM to be mailed out tomorrow for a "speedo change" since I just had 456 gear set installed. Excessive rain and colder weather has prevented me from even getting it cleaned up. I will consider choking the next person to bring up that "we need some rain"................:crying:
I am with you. I live in Rancher/Farmer country and I think they want to lynch me for my attitude. Every conversation around here starts with we need or are prayin for rain...... Wait a minute, I am sorry but I don't like rain. I know we need some to grow things but not everyday like they want. I have had jobs most of my life where I worked outside and actually hated the rain. So I thought I would give some thought to it and I like riding Motorcycles, driving my SSR, working outside, and a host of other activities and could not come up with one thing that you can do or enjoy in the rain. I am sorry I just don't like it. Give me Sunny days any time. Okay, I'm done.

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts

Auggie, for sure we do indeed line up on that topic.

In my case, over the years I have come to realize I have what is known as S.A.D.

:frown2:
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Symptoms & causes
Diagnosis & treatment
Print
Overview
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that's related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you're like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody. Less often, SAD causes depression in the spring or early summer.

Treatment for SAD may include light therapy (phototherapy), medications and psychotherapy.

Don't brush off that yearly feeling as simply a case of the "winter blues" or a seasonal funk that you have to tough out on your own. Take steps to keep your mood and motivation steady throughout the year.

Symptoms
In most cases, seasonal affective disorder symptoms appear during late fall or early winter and go away during the sunnier days of spring and summer. Less commonly, people with the opposite pattern have symptoms that begin in spring or summer. In either case, symptoms may start out mild and become more severe as the season progresses.

Signs and symptoms of SAD may include:

Feeling depressed most of the day, nearly every day
Losing interest in activities you once enjoyed
Having low energy
Having problems with sleeping
Experiencing changes in your appetite or weight
Feeling sluggish or agitated
Having difficulty concentrating
Feeling hopeless, worthless or guilty
Having frequent thoughts of death or suicide
Fall and winter SAD
Symptoms specific to winter-onset SAD, sometimes called winter depression, may include:

Oversleeping
Appetite changes, especially a craving for foods high in carbohydrates
Weight gain
Tiredness or low energy

So getting through the Holidays and cold weather and back to lots of sunshine and warmth where it's pleasant to be outside is my annual Fall scenario to bear. Speaking of Bears, I believe they do things right.

If it were possible, I'd hibernate too. Just about right after a big Thanksgiving dinner, I'd find a quiet place to nod off and stay that way until about the first week in March.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
You guys are funny. We originated in Upstate NY near Cayuga Lake where the last year we stayed there was cold enough to snow (not stick) for 7 months. We lived there 50+ years, had a beautiful inground pool for 20 of them. Now we reside near Raleigh NC and wish we had moved the pool with us! Last trip to visit we saw the dude that bought our house filled in the pool and has to mow the grass where it was.
Raleigh this year has had WAY TOO MUCH WATER falling from the sky. And its pouring again today. We too ride 2 wheels when we can. Hope to meet up with you shoreline folks soon & Really hope to make it to Sturgis before we're too old to ride! We've been trying to ride there for 20 years. will we make it in 2019?????? I was dreaming of towing the HD with the SSR and riding around in the mountains.
calook

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
You guys are funny. We originated in Upstate NY near Cayuga Lake where the last year we stayed there was cold enough to snow (not stick) for 7 months. We lived there 50+ years, had a beautiful inground pool for 20 of them. Now we reside near Raleigh NC and wish we had moved the pool with us! Last trip to visit we saw the dude that bought our house filled in the pool and has to mow the grass where it was.
Raleigh this year has had WAY TOO MUCH WATER falling from the sky. And its pouring again today. We too ride 2 wheels when we can. Hope to meet up with you shoreline folks soon & Really hope to make it to Sturgis before we're too old to ride! We've been trying to ride there for 20 years. will we make it in 2019?????? I was dreaming of towing the HD with the SSR and riding around in the mountains.
calook
Wife and I along with another couple did the Sturgis Rally deal back in 2009. Other couple were still working in Raleigh at the time, and couldn't take off for long enough time to ride out , spend the Rally Week there and ride back cause just to get there would be over 1500 miles (one way) as I recall. I arranged shipping of the bikes from Raleigh to Omaha (used to live there), we flew out and then rode day and a half to get to Sturgis, spent the week and did the return trip in semi-tornado like conditions.:surprise:

Don't get in much riding anymore, all my riding pals have quit and sold their bikes and/or too sore/bad knees/bad back, etc.:frown2:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Hey Moscooter,
I can relate. I tore my rotator cuff in the early 90's, had surgery that didn't work. lived with it torn till 2015 when the surgeon did an MRI to find the rotator had torn completely off and retracted up into the base of my neck. That was one painful recovery from that operation. Pins screwed into my arm and the rotator stretched and tied on. Here I am 3 years later and still can't ride more than 20-30 miles at a time. My son took on the task of building electronic cruise on my 94 FLHTC. Built exactly to factory specs by buying the pins and housings and wire and connecters to build it. Harley hasn't offered the kit for many years. His hand built cruise works PERFECT. AND you can't tell it isn't factory installed.But we have only been able to ride about 200 miles in the last 4 years.
SO short story elongated our 25 year old HD has just over 40,000 miles on it. It may be time to sign the title over to our son. Not sure,
It may depend on how much enjoyment we get out of our newly acquired SSR!!!!
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts

"SO short story elongated our 25 year old HD has just over 40,000 miles on it. It may be time to sign the title over to our son. Not sure,
It may depend on how much enjoyment we get out of our newly acquired SSR!!!!
Dave"

Yup, owning the SSR now will not help you get stack more miles on the Harley. In decent weather, my "drill" was to ride the Harley to a couple of Biker Pubs in my area. Poos (now Captain Archies) in No. Myrtle Beach and also another pub in Little River. Have a beer or two and go back home. Now, I do the same "drill" only I go (top down) with the SSR.:grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts