Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:puzzled: I was pushing out a very small dent in the top of the tailgate when I discovered this tiny piece laying on the rug on the bed near where I had partially removed the tailgate opening mechanism to get at the dent. I know for a fact that it wasn't there prior and I can't find anything wrong with the Dewalt drill that I used to remove the torques screws. The panel is back in place, but the halfmoon release handle doesn't seem to return to completely flush as it did before disassembly. Thanx for any help, 2 photo's attached.

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,107 Posts
That's the hard nylon part that the handle pivot rubs on when you pull on the handle. You will need to take your tailgate apart again. you will find a small place in the handle to insert it.

The photo below is a spare handle that I have. It has a part identical to your piece with a yellow dot on it. It's inserted into the handle..... see?????

Regards,

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the hard nylon part that the handle pivot rubs on when you pull on the handle. You will need to take your tailgate apart again. you will find a small place in the handle to insert it.

The photo below is a spare handle that I have. It has a part identical to your piece with a yellow dot on it. It's inserted into the handle..... see?????

Regards,

Mike
Thanx so much Mike, I was fairly sure it came from something to do with the latch system, and I knew it wasn't a broken piece of anything. Again your a wealth of info. I'm a little surprised it became dislodged so easily but will certainly keep an eye on that in the future. Just thankfull it didn't hide itself somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts