Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving in S. Oklahoma City today, I spotted a Red/Black SSR that I had never seen around before. Before I could get turned around, they were out of site. This is a long shot, but I thought I would reach out to see if the owner might actually be a ‘Fanatic’, but not active on the site. I have a feeling that there are several more SSR’s in OKC than have been identified. Some owners are just shy I guess. If there is anyone in the Oklahoma City or Tulsa area that would like to establish communication with the other owners, you can reach out to me at the following e-mail address.

[email protected]

Thanks,

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
So frustrating @SoonerSSR ... I have left my business cards on SSRs, and even chased folks down (all the way into the restaurant where they were eating)...and STILL they don't want anything to do with this forum or this magnificent family!! Breaks my heart. :crying:

Hope this guy you chased today, is not one of those guys. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
So frustrating @SoonerSSR ... I have left my business cards on SSRs, and even chased folks down (all the way into the restaurant where they were eating)...and STILL they don't want anything to do with this forum or this magnificent family!! Breaks my heart. :crying:

Hope this guy you chased today, is not one of those guys. :smile2:
Same here c-dog ... like the guy outside our gate, doesn't even want talk. A guy half way to Lebanon, TN. likes to talk, but has no interest in the web site. His Slingshot Yellow 03 one owner sits under an open carport on the North end of his house with a Street Rod and his wife's SUV. t-dog :ssr

Good Night !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far I have had one owner reach out to me. So it was worth the effort. Hopefully I will get to meet him for coffee soon. Maybe more will respond if they see this.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Might be this website. There is people on Facebook that don't like this website. Or it's hard to believe in today's time some people don't even like the computers. When you tell them to go to this website it's just a turn off. There's a couple of owners in the southern part of Tennessee that I talk to at least once a week, we even met for lunch a couple times but they don't like the website. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
:|

I think you gotta be somewhat of a "gear head" and like to do your own tinkering to fix things that you can and/or know where to go if you can't handle it yourself.

Some that like the looks of an SSR and find it fun to drive also have no clue as to what to do when something breaks. When that happens, they will often head to their favorite dealership and leave it to them to figure it out. They have no desire to pursue the problem via a forum.

Having been part of many Harley based forums, I can say without a doubt that this one is the best of all in my experiences in terms of participation and help from many knowledgeable sources. All that coupled with the multiple "How To" PDF files that cover a multitude of possible problems..............A virtual "gold mine" for those of us that are really into it.

Sadly, there are indeed many owners that want no part of it.:surprise:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Or it's hard to believe in today's time some people don't even like the computers. When you tell them to go to this website it's just a turn off.
That's where I fit in. If I want to see something, Google Images. If I want to watch something, YouTube. I particularly don't care for any other websites, but I came back here strictly and specifically because because everyone was kind, generous and helpful.

Some that like the looks of an SSR and find it fun to drive also have no clue as to what to do when something breaks.
This description also fits me perfectly.
I didn't buy
because of the stork ratios or how many hamsters are running under the hood. I like the design and vibrant violet. I know the basics of how an engine fires, but if something actually goes wrong, I'm likely to draw a blank.

I'd be willing to learn, just not on some offhand website that takes seven hours to read and two credit cards to gain access.
I'm all about the charts and numbers,
not so much the mechanics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts