1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this SSR out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klOV73H0iZ8

1. Does anyone know who owns this SSR?
2. I am interested in the blue dot tail lights.
3. Does anyone know who made them?
4. Does anyone know where to get a set or how to make them?
5. This is the only SSR I have ever seen them on.
Thanks, AUGGIE.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Check this SSR out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klOV73H0iZ8

1. Does anyone know who owns this SSR?
2. I am interested in the blue dot tail lights.
3. Does anyone know who made them?
4. Does anyone know where to get a set or how to make them?
5. This is the only SSR I have ever seen them on.
Thanks, AUGGIE.
Dicktator just sold a set of blue dot tail lights last week.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but they were not like these. I had been in contact with him.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
would love to have a set but I believe it means drilling into the original tail light lens. At their cost if you can find one it would be hard/expensive to go back to stock [if] you don't damage the lens getting the blue dot in place. Not a problem with a Harley as lenses are plentiful at swap meets. I will stay with what Gm made..........Birdmans

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,327 Posts
You will need to drill a hole in the middle, then install the "blue dot" in the hole. The blue plastic simply picks up the light from passing through the red lens and makes a bluish tint. You could install with or without the dot ring. You know .... looking at that video, I wonder if they actually drilled the hole for the blue dot. When they hit the brake it does not light up very bluish. They might have just ground off the legs and glued the dot in the lens. Would be a ton easier to do it that way.

Here is a link to one seller that has blue dots but there are a ton.
Blue Dot Inserts w Chrome Retainers and Instructions Pair Show Quality | eBay

If you want the outer light ring as well I have make custom parts for people and have made light rings, they are similar to the speaker rings I sell. Here is a picture of a ring that was made for someone that asked for no holes or milled areas, they planed to glue them on. I can make them exactly as you see them on the other truck as well.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would love to have a set but I believe it means drilling into the original tail light lens. At their cost if you can find one it would be hard/expensive to go back to stock [if] you don't damage the lens getting the blue dot in place. Not a problem with a Harley as lenses are plentiful at swap meets. I will stay with what Gm made..........Birdmans
I agree whole heartedly. I have made Harley blue dot lights in the past and if you mess them up for $10 or $20 you can replace them. If you mess up the ones on the R you are looking at $500 to $700 if you can find them. Plus if I could buy a set done then I would still have original stock to go back to. Most lights that you see use the cans behind the lens and I would rather stay away from that look. I'll just keep looking. Thanks for the help.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
check your local traffic laws on the blue dot tail lights.....in some states/counties, etc...they are illegal.
Thanks for the warning. We went to out Legislature and showed them a working stock light set up and a working blue dot set up and got the law changed here several years ago. I have them on all my vehicles but the SSR. Not a problem but just in case that ever did become a problem is why I want to keep the set I have now all stock in addition to the blue dots. A new set is between $500 and $600 dollars and hard to find.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts