Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SSR Den Mother
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Discovery Channel's popular mythbusting duo busted more than the myth this time.

A stunt for the show, "Mythbusters," went awry Tuesday when a cannonball was launched through the side of a California home.

The house in Dublin -- southeast of Oakland -- was hit at about 4:15 p.m. when a cannonball was "misfired" from a nearby bomb range, KTVU-TV reported, citing the Alameda County Sheriff's Department.

A sheriff's spokesperson said "the cannonball took a few unfortunate bounces" before hitting the home, going all the way through the house before smashing the window of a mini van, KTVU-TV reports.

"That cannonball careened off the hill at a very bad trajectory and carried into this neighborhood," J.D. Nelson of Alameda County Sheriff's Department said.

No one was injured.

Seen this on the news this morning. The cannonball went right into the front door, into a wall in the house and out the back wall of the house landing on a mini van's windshield. Nice big perfectly round holes. To funny. So much for that experiment, eh?:glol

·
Registered
28,760 Posts
Seem strange as they normally out in the open fields away from homes or business area. Can't wait to see how they'll put that into the show for all to see.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
shock.gif ................................................... shock2.gif

·
SSR Den Mother
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could just see Doug sitting in the living room...watching the cannonball fly by:glol

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,979 Posts
nothing on their website yet. Should generate some chatter I would think.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,979 Posts
I can smell a big law suit coming! :smash

:black: :)
Since there were no injuries, I see the production company agreeing to pay repair costs, temp housing and a reasonable fee for inconvenience.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,979 Posts
Can't wait to see how they'll put that into the show for all to see.
According to ABC-News just now on KABC7 - LA the plans are that this episode will NEVER air. It will be interesting to see if the footage "leaks out." The news coverage showed the stars visiting the damage and being very appologetic and understanding as well as the Alameda Sheriff Department spokeman stating the range is shut down except for emergency detotnations until the policies have been reviewed. Also stated was that the range has been used by the show more than 100 times with no other negative effects.

·
Registered
28,760 Posts
According to ABC-News just now on KABC7 - LA the plans are that this episode will NEVER air. It will be interesting to see if the footage "leaks out." The news coverage showed the stars visiting the damage and being very appologetic and understanding as well as the Alameda Sheriff Department spokeman stating the range is shut down except for emergency detotnations until the policies have been reviewed. Also stated was that the range has been used by the show more than 100 times with no other negative effects.
I was watching the same news & was thinking the same thing as you pointed out about "episode leaks". Only time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts