Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked not to use the words "Wind Baffle" when describing the SSR wind blocker I made and have been promoting. I wasn't aware that is actually a product name that has been used by a company that makes a generic wind break that fits all convertibles. I will of course respect that request and not use those exact words together again in any posting. I have also changed the wording in my previous post to "Wind Blocker". I would like to point out I am not in the business of making Wind Blockers for all vehicles only SSR's. I happen to own an SSR and in my opinion it is a very special vehicle that deserves to have a custom made custom fit wind block. One that looks like it was made for the SSR by matching the lines of the vehicle. I developed what I believe is a perfect match for the SSR that works great and looks great without looking like an aftermarket add on. From all the positive feedback I have received from those who have purchased one I have achieved that goal. Now Im hoping I can get all of you on this forum to help me come up with a name "SSR Wind Blocker" seems so dull. Here's how it will work, just put your creative minds to work and post what you think would be a good name. I will take what I feel are the 3 best and start an opinion poll and let everyone on the forum vote on the name. After 1 week who ever gets the most votes will win one of my SSR Windblocks for free a $240.00 value. I will even pay the shipping cost. So c'mon lets have some fun with this!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Name

Well a chance for a free "what ever we're going to call it"!
I'll throw some quick ones in here, then I'll go home this weekend and really think about it.

How about:

SSaiR Blocker

SSaiR Break

SSaiR Deflector

"The kind of Wind Break GM should have made!" -- maybe that's more of a slogan.

Top Down Comfort Enhancer -- maybe I need some more sleep :lol

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Ohhhh, I love that one, "Breaking Wind", that actually took me out of my depression today. Thanks! You sure have a lot of "intellectual horsepower". Heard that on the "Apprentice" last night.

·
Registered
541 Posts
How about...

Bouffant Protector

From dictionary.com

2 entries found for bouffant.
bouf·fant

adj. Puffed-out; full: a bouffant hair style.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French, from present participle of bouffer, to puff up, from Old French.]

bouffant

adj : being puffed out; used of hair style or clothing; "a bouffant skirt" [syn: puffy]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Diggs

P.S. I'm like looking4, just throwing something against the wall and hoping it sticks.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Blocker name

How about: SSR Cockpit Wind Reducer. I built my own and really don't need another but If I win it I've got a couple of friends with SSR's and one of them might like to have it

B

·
0 Posts
nostoc said:
How about: "Gust Buster"
Careful rhoebbel---Gust Buster is taken by a company making a wind proof umbrella. They will sue, I know this for a fact. Bob :nono

PS the Windbaffle mounting system has been modified so it is silent in the SSR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings!

Greetings all, New to site. Purchased our New SSr last Sunday.
Having been a street rodder since way back and still owning both a 31'
2 door Sedan, all steel V8 etc. and a T Sedan I must admit this car is out of site.
We ate burgers at In & Out drive thru last nite, I felt like i was 17 again.
and a short hop on the freeway, unreal.....
its very smooooooth, Well hows Wind Jammer! simpe and to the point.
first thing out of my wifes mouth, I told here, Ill give it a shot. ;)
By the way..... Who ever wins, give me a shout, to design you a logo with the name you pick out, thats what i do for a living and sign design.
Cheers!! :jester ;)

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tony said:
Greetings all, New to site. Purchased our New SSr last Sunday.
Having been a street rodder since way back and still owning both a 31'
2 door Sedan, all steel V8 etc. and a T Sedan I must admit this car is out of site.
We ate burgers at In & Out drive thru last nite, I felt like i was 17 again.
and a short hop on the freeway, unreal.....
its very smooooooth, Well hows Wind Jammer! simpe and to the point.
first thing out of my wifes mouth, I told here, Ill give it a shot. ;)
By the way..... Who ever wins, give me a shout, to design you a logo with the name you pick out, thats what i do for a living and sign design.
Cheers!! :jester ;)

Hmmmmm "Wind Jammer" not bad I kinda like that. Should make the final 3

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Wow! There's alot of clever folks on this forum! (I'm not one of them, however :lol ). I like houtex's "Wind DepreSSR". It's clever, vehicle specific, and unlikely to cause you any copyright greif. I sure am glad I don't have to pick a winner though - lot's of great names!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts