Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the recent (yesterday) addition of our newest SSR to the herd, it occurs to me that while Thumper and I name our vehicles, I'll bet most of you do too.

NAME YOUR SSR!

Thumper's '05 Blur = The "Bunny"
My '06 Pac Blue = "Hellvis"
The new to us '06 :blue: / :silver: = "Bob"

:cool

·
BlueStreak
26,740 Posts
With the recent (yesterday) addition of our newest SSR to the herd, it occurs to me that while Thumper and I name our vehicles, I'll bet most of you do too.

NAME YOUR SSR!

My '06 Pac Blue = The "Rocket"

I am just the typist, BlueStreak is the truck!

the Yukon is "King" and the Envoy is and envoy and does not need a name in such a position.

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And If You Can Type Better Than Me

You don't have to "nasme" your SSR, you can NAME it.....

Gosh, Thumper got a BIG kick out of that.....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Easter Egg

Technically, my roadster is the "Easter Egg". :purple:

I did not name it; a friend took one look at it and said it looked like an easter egg, and since I was born on an Easter Sunday back in the dark ages, that name just stuck.

Then, the weird thing, I 'test drove' all manner of fluffy dashboard mascots around town, and the only one that stayed put and proved itself worthy was ...drum roll please... a Cadbury Clucking Bunny!!:lol

P.S. and the Cadbury Bunny was already wearing a Purple ribbon when I bought it!!

·
Slingshot Rules!
62,004 Posts
You don't have to "nasme" your SSR, you can NAME it.....

Gosh, Thumper got a BIG kick out of that.....:rolleyes:
Sorry, Doug . . . I got a BIG KICK out of it too!

I read many years ago that naming your vehicle changes their status from just an object to a member of the family.

My SSR was named DOOPHUS (license plate to match) the very first day mainly because of the way I found him.

My '86 Jeep CJ-7 was named BUMMER (also plate to match) when I found him about ten years ago all dirty and unloved having been covered with a tarp in a dark garage for about six years.

Curt

! :crazy ! :nono ! :glol ! :nono ! :crazy !

·
Registered
431 Posts
2006 Redline - Little Red, plate LITLRED
2005 Aqua - Bubalou, plate the same... could not have two b's
2005 Aqua - Betty Boop I guess based on the tailgate

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Smokey & Blue SSR

Well.... easy for us....

05 Smokin Asphalt is Smokey (He is gorgeous now that he has those beautiful blue fire flames!
06 Pac Blue is Blue (and she is wonderful and knows it! LOL)

Smokey & BlueSSR:black: :blue:

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
'04 UV is Purple Penelope........The Hot Rod
'06 Blu-Tone is Silver Britches...For Formal Cruzing

Just a kid at heart.....hope I never grow up:leaving

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts

NAME YOUR SSR!

My '06 Pac Blue = The "Rocket"

I can't believe ya named it Bob :glol

I call my Redline "Scooter" yea I know not real original was thinking maybe calling it Elmo but I may change my mind if I ever get personalized plates for it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Roadster

My wife always names her vehicles and I never name mine, but when I got the personalized plate ROADSTR, well the name just happened. On a nice sunny day Debbie will usually say something like "Roadster wants to go for a run". It's funny how it seems to gain a personality when it gets a name. I may have to name my Jeep......but Jeepster sounds pretty corny :)

Jeff

1 - 20 of 115 Posts