Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being we are new here (and still don't have our beautiful SSR registered yet) we have a question.
Where have the National Rallies been held in past years?????
We have been trying to make the trip to the Sturgis Motorcycle rally for many many years and have always put it off for more important things. Now we are in our mid 60's we're thinking that 2019 has to be the year for Sturgis. That said we were wondering if the National SSR rally is always in Branson or is it in other locations?

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
List of the SSR National Rallys held every odd numbered year, I have been to all of them.

2007 - Springfield, MO
2009 - Kerrville, TX
2011 - Flagstaff, AZ
2013 - Sturbridge, MA
2015 - Springfield, IL
2017 - Dennison, TX
2019 - Branson, MO October 2019

I have had a wonderful time at all of them, expect this one to be great also.

Kenny Thomas
SSR051
Parkville, MO

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Being we are new here (and still don't have our beautiful SSR registered yet) we have a question.
Where have the National Rallies been held in past years?????
We have been trying to make the trip to the Sturgis Motorcycle rally for many many years and have always put it off for more important things. Now we are in our mid 60's we're thinking that 2019 has to be the year for Sturgis. That said we were wondering if the National SSR rally is always in Branson or is it in other locations?
2007 - Springfield, MO
2009 - Kerrville, TX
2011 - Flagstaff, AZ
2013 - Sturbridge, MA
2015 - Springfield, IL
2017 - Denison, TX
2019 - Will be in Branson, MO

The theory is these are planned near the center of the Continent in order to make them accessible to the largest attendance. Where the 2021 event, and others in the future, will be is up to those selected to continue the tradition. In the past the most current promoter has been instrumental in selecting the person or group, from those who present ideas, to carry on and plan the next one.

I hope this is helpful to you and others. This is just my explanation, and nothing official, based on experience attending 5 out of the previous 6 events.
I would also like to point out that many call these National Rallies but as far as I know they have always been INTERNATIONAL Rallies both by attendance and original intent. We are an International group and need to keep that in mind. (now I am off my soapbox)

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Tops up.

As you can see they have moved year to year. It is quite a bit of work to organize and get it up and going. We usually have an area that volunteers and gets it going about one rally ahead.

I have not been an owner long enough to get to all of them. I have been to the last three and I enjoy having varied locations and then a different drive each time. I think the Branson one will be pretty close to the center of USA/Canada east and west. It should be a lot of fun if the weather is good for the more northern and Canadians to attend.

Also, regions have get together in their region. You can see these in the site. There are ones in you area I know.

Be warned. Sturgis is a bit more of a cultural event, whatever that culture is. I think it will be a bit cool for the attire compared to Sturgis so halter tops or pasties would probably be rare. Or not. So keep the tops up.

I'm just savin'.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,293 Posts
Just curious, but the Geographical Center of the United States is Lebanon, Kansas, Population 218. So there's no way to have an International SSR Rally in the exact center of the U S. Closest big town with Motels would be Salina.

So you Kansas SSR Guys and Gals, particularly in the Salina area, step in the next 12 months and do some checking on the facilities for 2021 !!! That would probably be a unique experience to take over the town of Lebanon, Kansas, one day !!!

Some other towns close would be Concordia, Kansas, Minneapolis, Kansas, on Route 81.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
:smile2:

"Be warned. Sturgis is a bit more of a cultural event, whatever that culture is. I think it will be a bit cool for the attire compared to Sturgis so halter tops or pasties would probably be rare. Or not. So keep the tops up.

I'm just savin'."

Hey Dave,

Having done the Sturgis deal, I'm a big fan of that "culture" that often supports and encourages the (top down) mode.:wink2: Lets hope for weather that will allow for some of the same again. Also, one should not miss a side trip to Hulett, Wyoming during the Sturgis Week Rally in order to take in "no panties" Wednesday...........It's a tradition. Long live such culture.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave,
Just to let you know I haven't donned a halter top OR pasties for many many many years! In fact NEVER!
Just thought I needed to say halter tops and chest hair is not a good mix! We would love to attend the SSR International Rally and I guess we will know more once the bank in Iowa finally sends our lien release to us. They say they sent it out a week ago but IDK.
Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,164 Posts
Dave,
Just to let you know I haven't donned a halter top OR pasties for many many many years! In fact NEVER!
Just thought I needed to say halter tops and chest hair is not a good mix! We would love to attend the SSR International Rally and I guess we will know more once the bank in Iowa finally sends our lien release to us. They say they sent it out a week ago but IDK.
Dave
Any time I question paper work the standard answer I get is 4 to 6 weeks no matter what it is. Ha! Ha!

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KABOOM! Got my letter of lien release today! exactly one week. And they brined the roads too in anticipation of a storm arrival!
Dag Nab-it!
calook1967

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,403 Posts
We feel your pain, calook. But keep the faith 'cause a beautiful warm dry spring season is right around the corner. :smile2:

This nasty weather time of year is good for getting our rides ready for top-down warm cruising. :banana

★☆★ - Hang in there, Podnah.

===============
David :black:
2019-01-11-21-33-22--799917949.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts