Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each morning on the General Information thread I post under 10,000 post the National Day. Some are interesting and some are corny. The website is National Day Calendar. You can submit something of interest and they review it and say yes or no. It has to be a company or a organization. I will try and convince them the SSR Fanatic is a organization. But first we need to decide which day do we want. This first day of production or the last day of production. Your input is greatly appreciated, and any suggestions will help. This may not fly but we will give it a try.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How 'bout The Doophus's Birthday?

He turns 13 on the 5th of May (05/05/05).

! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png !
Don't forget there were 24000 other SSR'S that have a Birthday. So one day for all of them.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
I think Cash would have to weigh in as to what is actual first day of the production line going to full operation.

First came the concept in 2000, then some prototypes, then the Signature trucks in early 2003, all prior to the start of the "production" units.

Even so, it might be better than the last production day, because that might be overshadowed by those damned Irish and St Patricks Day.>:)>:)

I guess the day that 3B100001 was produced would be the logical date.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
There is only one actual Birthday, then we celebrate our birthday every year after that (except most women who seem to never get older than 39) - so National SSR day should be the day the first one was born - and I bet it was PURPLE

·
Crazy Horse
670 Posts
I would designate the last day of production right down to the time the last SSR was ever produced so we can celebrate all together everyone involved in making this beautiful truck!:blur::blue::silver::yellow::black::purple::ssr:flag

·
Slingshot Rules!
76,445 Posts
All "goofiness" aside . . .

I'm going to lean more towards the Final Day of Production, the 17th of March . . . primarily because, depending on the criteria, there are a number of First Days.

MY TWO DENTS WORTH . . .

! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: !

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,618 Posts
I think Cash would have to weigh in as to what is actual first day of the production line going to full operation.

First came the concept in 2000, then some prototypes, then the Signature trucks in early 2003, all prior to the start of the "production" units.

Even so, it might be better than the last production day, because that might be overshadowed by those damned Irish and St Patricks Day.>:)>:)

I guess the day that 3B100001 was produced would be the logical date.
I agree with both of the arguments made by Flassh, but if we get a poll I think all suggestions (except DOOPHU' birthdate) made so far should be included.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
All "goofiness" aside . . .

I'm going to lean more towards the Final Day of Production, the 17th of March . . . primarily because, depending on the criteria, there are a number of First Days.

MY TWO DENTS WORTH . . .

! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: !
I agree with both of the arguments made by Flassh, but if we get a poll I think all suggestions (except DOOPHU' birthdate) made so far should be included.
One advantage of picking March 17th is that there's already a pretty good party happening.

Except that the last production day was actually the 16th, but they had a ceremonial roll out of 24112 on March 17th.

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
48,391 Posts
I vote for the first day of production that SSR's were available to the public for purchase !!!!!!! :grin2:

Reactions: CRICKETMAN

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
I would designate the last day of production right down to the time the last SSR was ever produced so we can celebrate all together everyone involved in making this beautiful truck!:blur::blue::silver::yellow::black::purple::ssr:flag
And on that hour we can all pull our SSRs to the side of the road, get out and face toward Detoit in memory of the last SSR.:crying:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts