Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years back I had a 99 Dakota RT and joined the Dakota RT club on line. In the summer of 2000 hundreds of RT owners from across the country got together and had the first ever Dakota RT meet in Michigan outside the Walter P. Chrysler Museum with Chryslers blessing and support. What an experience that was. It was a blast driving from Jersey to Michigan meeting up with other RT's along the way and caravanning there. Any chance of something like that happening here? I know its probably a lot of work but it would be cool to meet each other and get a lot of SSRs in the same place at one time. Kind of like the Corvette anniversary event they had at the museum in Bowling Green.
Just a thought.
Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Great Idea

I think this is a great Idea ! :thumbs
I did it with a Buddy of mine in Bowling Green with his Vette and it was a blast, got me to go buy one myself.

I work for a major Hotel Company and I would volunteer to help put this together and get us a nice discount on rooms wherever we decide to have it...

Should be someplace nice, so we can go "Topless"
:jester

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Hello Jake - neighbor

You're sounding like the hollywoodian. We should get together with other SSRers let say at the Sunset strip sometime and coast down to the Pacific ocean> gladstones.> Santa Monica >wilshire>rodeo>back to Hollywood.

National meet sounds interesting but east or west? Gm plant is at East but there are more SSRers(I think) in the West. How about at Vegas before its tooo scorching hot.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Meet

There's already another thread trying to start up a National Meet. Current candidate is Branson, MO. Don't know how many sold in Cal - but over 3,000 in Texas.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sounds Great! How About Simultaneous National Meets

This all sounds GREAT! How about simultaneous national meets. I would love to meet others in the Los Angeles, San Bernadino, Vegas and San Diego Area! This event could take place simultaneously with other events in other regions. We could take pictures of the members and post them on the sight.

I live in Victorville and so far I am the only SSR I up here. Even though part of me loves to be the only one who has an awesome SSR it would be great to meet others! Going to LA and driving up the coast sound great!

Other Vehicles

2001 Orange Prowler
1999 White Chrysler LHS
1999 White Cadillac Catera
1992 White Chrysler LeBaron

:seeya :flag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts