Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Corvette's navigation unit will fit in the SSR? I'm hoping to add navigation, but would like to avoid aftermarket components...I think the OEM GM unit would look much better.

I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you find out let me know. I've looked into aftermarket units and didn't like the looks. I was thinking posibly the nav unit from a Tahoe? Who knows they may be one in the same.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello,
JP Customs will add a factory Navigation upgrade to your SSR. The price for the system is a bit high but they will help you to make it work. I`ve emailed them on the same subject.

Heres a link.
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=359

If we only knew what parts were needed it proly cost us half what they want. Again parts used from ebay so to say.

Cheers !
Pretzel~

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JP Customs Response

I emailed JP Customs about the installation of the Corvette Nav in the SSR and requested some photos if they had any. For reference here's their response...

Hello, yes, we’ve installed one in an SSR. Unfortunately no one decided to take any pictures.

We are currently working on the installation instructions.

We haven’t tested the Corvette Navigation. I know we have talked about getting one to test, but it just hasn’t happened yet.

Let us know if you have any questions.

JP Customs Team
Customer Service: [email protected]
Tech Support: [email protected]
(281) 533-9900 Phone
(281) 533-9991 Fax​

As mentioned by Pretzel, eBay does seem to be a great source for parts if you know what you're looking for.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello,
I seen this new guy on ebay selling Factory GM Navigation packages for the 2005-2006 TrailBlazer WITH UQA OPTION ONLY. As you know the SSR was built on the Trailblazer format and UQA radio opion is what we have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-T...ewItemQQcategoryZ38653QQitemZ8004045721QQrdZ1

This is my best info yet on part #`s. I`m not 100% sure as I dont own either a navigation radio or a 2005 model.

NAVIGATION RADIO PART # 15230099

NAVIGATION DISC VERSION 4.1 PART # 15792651

NAVIGATION ANTENNA PART # 15135178

Cheers !
Pretzel~

·
Registered
705 Posts
I bought a street Pilot 2610 ( by Garmin) from amazon for less than $600 and am very happy with it. has a lot more functions than the opes they install in your cars, and guess what? You can take it with you on your trips and use it in a rental car. That to me was priceless. Went to Canada last July and it took us every where. You can program it in the house and then you are set.

I did 6 months worth of research and finally decided on the 2610. I suggest the 2610 since it works with a removable CF card. It comes with a 128 MB card that is sufficient for any one trip. If you plan to go cross country, then get a 2 gig card. The price would still be below the 2620 that comes with an internal hard drive. Using CF cards, the units are faster in cold weather and you can be sure that they are upgradeable. The 2620 is for those who do not want or feel comfortable to use a computer. If you are here reading this, you can operate it no problems.

Ebay has them too : http://cgi.ebay.com/Garmin-StreetPilot-2610_W0QQitemZ5812810668QQcategoryZ94872QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
63 Posts
the 2610 is probably the best unit available. They are in the process of discontuning the 2620. The 1 GB card will do about 1/2 the united states and probably will be the only one that you really need but the 2 GB will cover most of the US but will miss some of it. Make sure to register the unit with garmin and MAKE SURE to go to www.garmin.com and get the latest updates. I believe they are on 4.3 now. you can update you garmin quickly and easily on their site. The updates are free. They also use the city navigator. Garmin told me that they are always 1 year behind and not to update except about every three years or so. They also provide updates for the computer program. You can register 2 units to use the same city navigator software so get with a friend and split the cost of about 150 bucks. The 2610 is NOT always accurate but pretty close and will get you there. They are fun to operate and sit on the dash. The cheapest place I found to buy id GPS CITY.com. My son-in-law just got a new one for about 600 dollars brand new. drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll gladly give you a couple of details on use. Thanks for allowing me to participate in this great site Motordoctor

·
OP
8,226 Posts
TomTom Go 700

I went with the TomTom Go 700, has the entire US on its internal hard drive and will hold the whole world if you want to download those maps (charge for those) It also has bluetooth technology so it can be used as a handsfree device for your bluetooth phone. Comes with a suction cup windshield mount, carry bag, ac and dc chargers. It is all touchscreen controls and can be switched to left or right hand use.

You can view it at www.tomtom.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts