Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets drive the Blueridge PKWY!!!!!!! Anyone interested in seeing the change of the leaves in October and take a ride on the Blueridge pkwy.We could ride from Wilkesboro and get on the pkwy.outside of Boone NC destination??? Great scenery and weather is mild now. Anyone interested ??

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
HOT LIKE ME!! said:
Lets drive the Blueridge PKWY!!!!!!! Anyone interested in seeing the change of the leaves in October and take a ride on the Blueridge pkwy.We could ride from Wilkesboro and get on the pkwy.outside of Boone NC destination??? Great scenery and weather is mild now. Anyone interested ??

I would love to go but it is one of my busiest times of the year. My motel is located 8 miles from the parkway in Maggie Valley, NC. If the ride brings ya'll over here PLEASE stop by and say hello to us!!!! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blueridge pkwy Ride

Wed love to go thru MaggieValley its one of our favorites!!! Lets see if there is anyone out our way that wants to cruise!!! :ssr

·
Registered
246 Posts
:agree

Sounds like fun, but we are pretty booked up for the rest of October, maybe reconsider in the spring!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I could maybe make a trip.......just depends.

·
Registered
50 Posts
HOT LIKE ME!! said:
Hey Hot,
Wish I could take that ride. Sometimes we plan things and some of us can't make it.
Hey, keep trying. Mabe a car show or an event somewhere?
Keep in touch

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Boosted said:
I road the parkway and saw Gina in Maggie Valley this past weekend..But I wasn't in my SSR...

Enjoyed meeting Boosted over the weekend. BTW, did you find Whitewater Falls and did you have breakfast at Underwoods? :ssr

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

If a run or event is planned for next year in October or later. Or in the spring that I can tie in with a Cup race, I’ll book my vacation for it. Love that area!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Gina said:
Enjoyed meeting Boosted over the weekend. BTW, did you find Whitewater Falls and did you have breakfast at Underwoods? :ssr
Well yea we found it...215 is a must cruise road for us in the SSR if we have an event up there.

I did not get to go to Underwoods as we had some problems.. You know the story on my Mother-n-law and all and I will just say we almost lost her..The air was to thin going over the mountain and we had to take the Brevard to shville to 40 way back in. We wound up leaving Sunday morning at 5:30 so we could get her back home... If there is an early spring or Fall event next year go ahead and put me down for it.

Oh I have to say..I love you voice! Pure Southern Belle :thumbs Oh yea I saw this truck while I was up there..I wonder who's it was?

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Boosted said:
Well yea we found it...215 is a must cruise road for us in the SSR if we have an event up there.

I did not get to go to Underwoods as we had some problems.. You know the story on my Mother-n-law and all and I will just say we almost lost her..The air was to thin going over the mountain and we had to take the Brevard to shville to 40 way back in. We wound up leaving Sunday morning at 5:30 so we could get her back home... If there is an early spring or Fall event next year go ahead and put me down for it.

Oh I have to say..I love you voice! Pure Southern Belle :thumbs Oh yea I saw this truck while I was up there..I wonder who's it was?

I am so, so sorry about your mother-in-law. I did not think about that elevation.
You are a fantastci son-in-law to do all that for your wife and mother-in-law. A true southern gentleman I must say :thumbs

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
HOT LIKE ME!! said:
No problem, Maybe Spring will be good Lets keep in touch!!! Thanks Much!!
I say spring would be a great time for it. May would be best as there are two motorcyle rallies in April (not good for Deals Gap) plus it can still get cold in April. We had two snows last April. Nothing major and doesn't hang around long just cold.

Toursim is my job so I would be glad to be a coordinator/planner. :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
As long as I don't have to eat at J. Arthurs!..bunch of stuck up people there..I guess they did not like my t shirt and jeans..

The cabin we stayed in was nice but a little big..I am staying at your place next time Gina.. Here is the one we was in..

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Boosted said:
As long as I don't have to eat at J. Arthurs!..bunch of stuck up people there..I guess they did not like my t shirt and jeans..

The cabin we stayed in was nice but a little big..I am staying at your place next time Gina.. Here is the one we was in..

We dont do J Arthurs either. Arfs is more down to earth, good food, on the creek.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
We went there Friday Night for dinner.. and set on the screened in porch and watched the water go by..I love it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gina said:
I say spring would be a great time for it. May would be best as there are two motorcyle rallies in April (not good for Deals Gap) plus it can still get cold in April. We had two snows last April. Nothing major and doesn't hang around long just cold.

Toursim is my job so I would be glad to be a coordinator/planner. :)
Keep us posted May sounds good for us love to cruise the parkway and thru Maggie Valley!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts