Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
I agree that it would be nice to have a badge that looks different and would replace the 10+ badge when a member reaches 15 and then later another for 20+ etc. have to see what the owners have to say about that since I think it should be an automatic item and that would take some code work. I know when the 10+ was done it took a while so do not hold your breathe. We do not want to lose you while we are waiting. I will ask the admins to look at this thread and see what they have to say.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
How about something like this one...........:surprise:

15YrAnniversaryLogo-01.png

★ - And BTW......Congratulations!! :smile2:

=================
David :black:
images-42.jpeg

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
BLUESTREAK; How does one go about obtaining a badge for 10 years? What form of identification is required? And, is it measured by
the time in the club or, time of ownership of the SSR? LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
BLUESTREAK; How does one go about obtaining a badge for 10 years? What form of identification is required? And, is it measured by

The 10 years is measured from your SSR Fanatic join date - month and year. No ID required, and it should happen automatically.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,204 Posts
My 15 year ownership will be this coming April. My How time flies as we age.

A simple change of the 0 to a 5 would suffice till we hit 20. No need for a totally new badge.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Flassh Has correctly answered your question in post #6

My 15 year ownership will be this coming April. My How time flies as we age.

A simple change of the 0 to a 5 would suffice till we hit 20. No need for a totally new badge.
I think that if that were done it should also contain a change of color in some manner to make the distinction noticeable.

I would also like to see something more like the ROTM so we do not grow the space in the sidebar so much. Some posts get really large even though they have only one line of text.

·
Super Moderator
13,945 Posts
We have had many who were members (some call lurkers but that term does not sound nice to me - we appreciate "lurkers") for several years before they bought an SSR.
I was not aware, or did not consider (as Flassh posted) that a 10 Year Badge could be awarded to people who have never owned an SSR, or may possibly have owned their SSR for 5 years (whatever)
As members and SSR owners, we all appreciate our SSRFanatic site, so I don't see the point in overloading our Administration with this stuff
We are a small site - don't see the point of being a PIA
We members have gone through a lot in the past 3 or 4 years - much of this is for privacy issues to protect us - but the administration has tried to deal with our concerns

I never really thought about the 10 Year Badge at the time, but are we looking to confirm membership years or ownership years?
If it is the term of ownership, which is what I think it should be, it will be an administrative nightmare.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,078 Posts
We have had many who were members (some call lurkers but that term does not sound nice to me - we appreciate "lurkers") for several years before they bought an SSR.
I was not aware, or did not consider (as Flassh posted) that a 10 Year Badge could be awarded to people who have never owned an SSR, or may possibly have owned their SSR for 5 years (whatever)
As members and SSR owners, we all appreciate our SSRFanatic site, so I don't see the point in overloading our Administration with this stuff
We are a small site - don't see the point of being a PIA
We members have gone through a lot in the past 3 or 4 years - much of this is for privacy issues to protect us - but the administration has tried to deal with our concerns

I never really thought about the 10 Year Badge at the time, but are we looking to confirm membership years or ownership years?
If it is the term of ownership, which is what I think it should be, it will be an administrative nightmare.
Several observations here and I may be all wrong but, it appears the badge says SSR Fanatic 10 year member and being it is the Forums banner I believe they meant you were a member of the Forum for 10 years no matter what you own or how long you have owned it. Just the way I see it. Maybe someone that was around when the banner idea first got started would know what it truly means and could shed some light on this. I have been a member for 4 plus years and have owned my SSR for the same amount of time as I joined as soon as I bought it and became a Life Member.

Reactions: James Dean

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Several observations here and I may be all wrong but, it appears the badge says SSR Fanatic 10 year member and being it is the Forums banner I believe they meant you were a member of the Forum for 10 years no matter what you own or how long you have owned it. Just the way I see it. Maybe someone that was around when the banner idea first got started would know what it truly means and could shed some light on this. I have been a member for 4 plus years and have owned my SSR for the same amount of time as I joined as soon as I bought it and became a Life Member.
For those of you who are interested, here is the initial discussion

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,078 Posts
Error.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,078 Posts
Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I've got a 10 year banner and I've forgotten more than you whippsnappers know.
That's another way of saying I'm useless ain't it? :shades::lol

Kidding aside, I've seen in other forums that attitude develop as seniority accrues.
Sure, you've been here a long time and heard some questions asked a hundred times, and if you stick around will hear it a hundred more.
But if the guy asking is new, he/she probably came here because of that problem/question, and doesn't know how to search the archives yet.

I haven't seen that happen here, it's kind of anti what this place has been about. But it's something to be careful of, to keep this place cool.
Excuse me while I put my soap box away.:leaving

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
I've got a 10 year banner and I've forgotten more than you whippsnappers know.
That's another way of saying I'm useless ain't it? :shades::lol

Kidding aside, I've seen in other forums that attitude develop as seniority accrues.
Sure, you've been here a long time and heard some questions asked a hundred times, and if you stick around will hear it a hundred more.
But if the guy asking is new, he/she probably came here because of that problem/question, and doesn't know how to search the archives yet.

I haven't seen that happen here, it's kind of anti what this place has been about. But it's something to be careful of, to keep this place cool.
Excuse me while I put my soap box away.:leaving
I agree with you Bruce, but it also gives a bit of credibility when the newbie looks at where the answer is coming from. Not sure if 15+ would necessarily indicate more credibility than 10+.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
10+ designation award is plenty and means just that "10 years or more" which can include 15 years...

plus your original join date is designated beneath your avatar so people can do the math.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts