Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
:yesnod Got rid of my 2001 Corvette Conv. for my 2005 Aqua Blur!! Never looked back!! Get tons more compliments and looks than I ever got in the Vette!! My vote "GO FOR IT"!!!

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
I have a 78, 94, 01 vette and 03 SSR. Have more fun with the SSR than any of the others. Would trade any of them in a heart beat. Go for it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
jc/ssr said:
Should I sell My 2004 Mag. Red Corvette for a 2005 Smokin Asphalt SSR

Its upi to you vote yes or no :thumbs (PLEASE REPLY) :)
Sold my 2001 Mag. Red Vette just for the purpose of buying my 05 Slingshot hotrod. Have had more fun, and compliments on this car. So if you want something fun to drive, with a whole lot more trunk space, then go for it. :thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
132 Posts
Never had a corvette,never wanted one and don't believe I ever will; :yesnod have had an SSR for 4 months...........what else can I say

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I would have to say NO

Unless you take 2 day's and troublshoot the one you are geting first. Check the lift shocks on the rear hatch, check for the driveshaft tink, check the windows and make sure they roll up into the weather stripping,check the rearend for the whining noise oth on and off the thrttle,check for wind noise in the roof, look at the windows to see if they are starting to scratch from being rolled up and down, if it has chrome wheels you will need to check the center caps from being loose, if it has been sitting on the show room it will ride like it has square tires and then require the dealer to try and re-balance them.

yes I know it has a warranty but how much fun is it to own when it sits in the dealers shop for over 2 weeks of the first 6 weeks that you own it.. Oh yea, I forgot ..Mine has 1700 miles on it with this laundry list. And the are preparing to install the second complete rearend due to the whinning sound.

Good luck to ya...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just do it

For what it is worth..... just do it.... there always is the Z06 if you are not absolutely delighted.... & don't forget, NOTHING is perfect....

:seeya

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've owned 3 Vettes and I have more fun driving my SSR so far then any other car I've owned.

In additon to the Vettes, there has been multiple Suburbans and Duallies. And everyone one has had there share of problems at first that we fought for months, or were never really fixed. Wipers that stuck together on one Vette, replaced trannies, wire harnesses that fried, and the latest Burb was towed within 20 minutes of buying it, then 3 more times over the next 30 days. And I keep buying Chevys!?

That said, and even though it's really frustrating, buy what you love to drive.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Buy The SSR,but Don't Sell The Vette

jc/ssr said:
Should I sell My 2004 Mag. Red Corvette for a 2005 Smokin Asphalt SSR

Its upi to you vote yes or no :thumbs (PLEASE REPLY) :)
If I were in your situation I would buy the 05 SSR and keep the 04 Corvette , perfect time to start a collection !
:yesnod

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree with 41chevcoe. I own a 04' Corvette Lemans blue coupe. IMO it is the last year for the best body style vette ever produced. I am currently in negotiations to purchase an 05' SSR and will keep the vette. Start the collection!

Got the SSR!!!! Drove home tonight with my 05' Aqua Blur SSR. What a nice ride, looks good parked in the garage next to the vette too!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Keep the vette and get an SSR. I have a Z06 and will keep it when I buy an SSR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts