Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Amazon

Check this link to Amazon. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15263885-Equipment-Conditioning-Compressor/dp/B00B4KOXD0/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1506183529&sr=1-12&keywords=SSR+HVAC+lines[/ame]
I just went out and looked at my truck and I think the one you want is AC Delco #15-32594. I would check the part number with your local Chevy dealer and make sure. If it is #15-32594 is currently of stock at Amazon and they don't now when it will be available.
Jack

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
One of our Houston Fanatics (skip2004) had a cracked fitting on one of the hoses at the compressor. The hose assembly with hard piping and hose is specific to the SSR and unavailable. He was able to find a local shop to weld the fitting and replace the hose.
You may need to explore that route until some research is done to determine if the fittings are common to other GM vehicles so new assemblies can be made.
Greg

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
A/C Hose Repair

I ordered a replacement A/C hose for my SSR. I received it looked right but tubing bend and fitting on firewall end was about 90 degrees off which would put a kink in the hose even if you could install it.

GmPartsGuy recommended South Texas Truck, Inc. in east Houston. They can make a complete hose or can weld the leaking fitting(s). I got the "bad" end welded. Took it back to my A/C guy and had it installed. We watched for a couple of days and the other end started leaking. Took it back off and had other end welded. Soooo, I recommend getting both end fitting welded at he same time. OR have a complete new hose made up. Welding ran about $100 because they had to make two shop tickets.

Don't mention James Hickman (GmPartGuy) they'll charge you more :wink2:

You can normally wait for the repair. Call before you go over there to see how busy they are. CASH ONLY, unless you have an account with them.

South Texas Truck Air, Inc.
85 Oates Rd, Houston, TX 77013
Phone, (713) 675-2700

Hope this helps.
Skip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.