Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My drivers seat is split. I would like to buy cover with red inserts. I can install myself but also have a friend in the canva and upholstery buisness. So if you have aftermarket seat upholstery please where did you get it and how do you like it? Wear,fit and comfort.
Also pricing and website. Also would like to do red door inserts. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wanted the two tone look and while I did not mind spending the $800-$1200 on new leather (cost and labor) I did not really care that much. I did not feel like removing my seats and trying to find a shop the knows what they are doing. Sooooo I went with covers for the look and keep my original leather from more wear then it had it's first 13 years. http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99/iggie-seat-covers-218881/

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
My drivers seat is split. I would like to buy cover with red inserts. I can install myself but also have a friend in the canva and upholstery buisness. So if you have aftermarket seat upholstery please where did you get it and how do you like it? Wear,fit and comfort.
Also pricing and website. Also would like to do red door inserts. Thank you for your help.
I had one of our local shops that’s a Katzkin dealer that does all the new cars for the local car dealers replace mine. I absolutely love them and they were just under $1,000.00 installed for seat covers and center console lid. Here’s the Katzkin company website.

https://katzkin.com/

Rope

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you can install, or have someone that can do it reasonably, and want to save some money, you might consider lseat.com. I used them for some Acura seats I have in my El Camino. If your's is the first SSR that they have made, they will give you 1/2 off if you send them one of your covers as a pattern. You can take the one off the passenger seat, and still be able to drive. Expect it to take 3-4 weeks. They do custom colors, stitching colors, embroidering, etc as well. Quality was good- probably not as good as katzkin.

For seat covers, I've been impressed with the Iggie covers that I have seen. Just hate to go back to vinyl after having leather.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,694 Posts
I had one of our local shops that’s a Katzkin dealer that does all the new cars for the local car dealers replace mine. I absolutely love them and they were $900.00 installed for seat covers and center console lid. Here’s the Katzkin company website.

Rope
Doesn't seem to show anything for an SSR in any of the 2003-2006 Models?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
I had one of our local shops that’s a Katzkin dealer that does all the new cars for the local car dealers replace mine. I absolutely love them and they were $900.00 installed for seat covers and center console lid. Here’s the Katzkin company website.

Rope
Black seats with Silver inserts ??? I'll bet that really looks nice or even all Silver seats, I think would be attractive. A Ricochet Silver with Chrome Rims, Chrome Front End, Two Tone Black & Silver Seats and "old style" Pin Striping like Mike & Malinda's BLUEMnM in Black with just a touch of Red would really be one good lookin' SSR. Leave the interior alloy/aluminum trim as is. And add the engine cover painted like QUICKSILVER's (American Flag). :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Just an old man's opinion !!! :grin2:

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I guess I can't get my pics to post.
Oh well .They do look good ( my opinion) two tone,light gray,outer,with purple inset.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I had Katzkin installed, Pearl White with Pacific Blue Trim that
included Door Panels and the Center Console.
They also updated some worn out seat padding.
Make sure that you go to a qualified Upholster
because the first set of Katzkin's delivered were cut too skimpy.
Thus, they did not fit. The Katzkin Dealer was able to get a replacement.
I also did Soundproofing for the Doors and underneath the carpets.
What a difference! The door thunks now without the hollow echo.
I'm scheduled to have the Headliner done next with Soundproofing.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,940 Posts
Check with @Autoprof, he did his himself and they turned out great. Don't know where he ordered from though....

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,694 Posts
Here’s the pattern:
Thanks for sharing the info.... I will just have to wait until the attachment links are fixed so I can review your attachment. Hmmm so how much are they per set?

I would like to see them in a tutone color combo grey/silver and black. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info.... I will just have to wait until the attachment links are fixed so I can review your attachment. Hmmm so how much are they per set?

I would like to see them in a tutone color combo grey/silver and black. :grin2:
Mine was just under $1,000.00 after installation two tone, perforated insert and contrast stitching.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts