Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock ring/pinion has been laying in my garage since I put in the 4.10 gears. Is there ANY reason to keep it? I'm getting ready to move, and I was just going to donate to some local car guys...

Regards!

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
My stock ring/pinion has been laying in my garage since I put in the 4.10 gears. Is there ANY reason to keep it? I'm getting ready to move, and I was just going to donate to some local car guys...

Regards!
You might want to specify whether you have an automatic or a six speed manual. Both came with 3:73 ratio rearends I believe, but the two rearends are NOT the same. The six speed is a 14 bolt 9.5 inch and the auto is another size.:wink2:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,149 Posts
I had some around from old projects and I asked the guy who does a lot of rear end stuff and he said he would never reuse old gears. For the cost of new its not worth the hassle to set up used ones then have a problem. So I took mine with the next load of stuff to the scrap place.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the gears, they came out of the automatic rear end. You are right the 6 speed and that auto used different pumpkins in back.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
I can't wait to get out of California. I only lived here due to my career. I retired 5 months ago, and am moving to Texas... yeehaw (as soon as the house sells)
So funny about getting out of Cali. I sell real estate in Arizona and we have been seeing a surge in people moving from Cali to Phoenix. You'll be much better off in Texas. Where ever you land there I'm sure you'll be happier!

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was born and raised in Phoenix (North Phoenix - Black Canyon & Dunlap). But you can't go back, and it sure has changed. The population was only 200,000 when I was in high school. My parents were also born & raised in Phoenix. While it was not the norm when I was born in Phoenix - everyone in grade school was from somewhere else, it was really abnormal that BOTH of my parents were born there as well.

So we are moving to Texas , and we don't know a soul there...

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I am in Texas, and there are lots of great people here as well. Not sure where in Texas You are moving too, but here south of Houston, the SSR group is a wonderful bunch of people. ( North part of Town is as well ) You will find some really good Friends when You bring Your R too Texas. Welcome to the Neighborhood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts