Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a new license plate. In Illinois we have 2 choices. One called vanity which can be 3-7 letters or 3-7 numbers. The other is personalized which is a combination of letters first (3-6) and then numbers(4-1). The personalized ones are cheaper. ( Vanity is a one time $91 and then $13 extra over your regular $78 fees, the personalized is $14 over your $78 fee no one time fee). SSR 2003 is taken, I don't like it anyways. Kind of obvious.

Please add your recommendations. My wife thinks all of this is G.A.Y. (not that anything is wrong with that...)

What do you think:

HP 300
VIN 1725
VEE8
US MUSCL
SPED RCR

W

·
0 Posts
what about - HOTRUK or HOTRUCK like I saw on the model someone put on this site!

Regards - John S

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
"SSR 2003" works!

I know that "SSR 2003" is obvious NOW - but when the '04 models hit the street - I wanted to be able to show off that my SSR is a first year model...

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Illinois plates, Truck plates have numbers 1st,letters 2nd (2003 SSR)
Autos have letters first , numbers 2nd (SSR 2003) Which one is required for the SSR ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a problem at the dealership also to figure out which one to get. We ordered the car plates but don't know if I'm gonna get a ticket for displaying car plates on a truck. we'll see when spring comes around. My baby is sleeping now. Also, now I'm gonna wait 'til I supercharge and then get a plate that is related to the new HP.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Front Plate

Speaking of plates, where can I find the front electrically operated flip up/down front plate holder? Someone had mentioned this not long ago, but I have been unable to find it anywhere on line. I hate to permanently mount a front plate when it looks like there is a good place to mount this gismo completely under the front bumper.

Ideas, anyone?

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Peaches, You're in California too?

Why bother with the front plate - I didn't. I have had a SF Giants plate in the front holder of my 'other' car since I bought it new 7 years ago - and NEVER have been bothered by law enforcement.

I don't have the front plate on my SSR - and don't plan on putting it there.

FYI: I understand that the 3rd weekend of March (around the 20th) there is a great Car-Show in Santa Maria sounds like there may be a spot set aside for SSR's. It'd be nice to get a few there...

·
Registered
30 Posts
redssrloaded said:
I want to get a new license plate. In Illinois we have 2 choices. One called vanity which can be 3-7 letters or 3-7 numbers. The other is personalized which is a combination of letters first (3-6) and then numbers(4-1). The personalized ones are cheaper. ( Vanity is a one time $91 and then $13 extra over your regular $78 fees, the personalized is $14 over your $78 fee no one time fee). SSR 2003 is taken, I don't like it anyways. Kind of obvious.

Please add your recommendations. My wife thinks all of this is G.A.Y. (not that anything is wrong with that...)

What do you think:

HP 300
VIN 1725
VEE8
US MUSCL
SPED RCR

·
Registered
349 Posts
Front Plate

kwhopper89,

Good points. I'll skip the front plate until some over-zealous cop writes me the fix-it ticket. The Orange County cop friend across the street has pointed out to me that only the true @sshole cops give tickets for no front plate. Unless you give them some backtalk, or you are an obvious low-life, illegal, or don't have insurance, you shouldn't have to worry. So I guess I'll take my chances.

T

·
0 Posts
As a result of world-wide research, considerable cash outlay, input from university experts in the field, and a psychic reading from Miss Cleo, my personalized plate options were narrowed to these three:

A) PLEASE DON'T ASK WHAT THIS IS AS I AM NOT AUTHORIZED TO DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION TO OWNERS OF LESSER VEHICLES.

B) I WILL GLADLY DEMONSTRATE THE TOP GOING UP AND DOWN FOR A MODEST FEE. NO CHECKS PLEASE.

C) YESSR

My wife suggected that for the sake of brevity and peace of mind I should choose "C" and also get a life. This I did.

R

·
0 Posts
Vanity Plate

Just got my confirmation from Tennessee for my new plate:

1BADSSR

1 - 19 of 19 Posts